pacmanjack
pacmanjack Posts: 866 Member
... are awesome.

Discuss...

Replies

• RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    ~blinks... sips my coffee... considers... then goes to see what year this is~
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Yes they were/are a fine example of the time period.
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    ... are awesome.

Discuss...

LOL, they came up in conversation the other day and a friend said "No news is good news".

They were my first concert! I have since come to dislike their sound, though... :)

Best,

Debbie
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    They are Hip to be Squared...no doubt about it! Was just playing the Back to the Future PC game, and wishing Back in Time was playing
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    You say Huey Lewis and the News and I immediately go to the American Psycho place. Great movie, a personal favorite. Hahahahahaha.
    Patrick Bateman: Do you like Huey Lewis and The News?
    Paul Allen: They're OK.
    Patrick Bateman: Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far much more bitter, cynical sense of humor.
    Paul Allen: Hey Halberstram.
    Patrick Bateman: Yes, Allen?
    Paul Allen: Why are their copies of the style section all over the place, d-do you have a dog? A little chow or something?
    Patrick Bateman: No, Allen.
    Paul Allen: Is that a rain coat?
    Patrick Bateman: Yes it is! In '87, Huey released this, Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.
    [raises axe above head]
    Patrick Bateman: Hey Paul!
    [he bashes Allen in the head with the axe, and blood splatters over him]
    Patrick Bateman: TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW YOU ****ING STUPID *kitten*!
  • pacmanjack
    Options
    Fan for almost 30 years, seen the band live about a dozen times... they're great in concert. Their songs make me feel happy and nostalgic.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    They are coming in town this Sunday (going to see Peter Frampton at the Ottawa Bluesfest and then they are playing after ) :)
  • pacmanjack
    Options
    They are coming in town this Sunday (going to see Peter Frampton at the Ottawa Bluesfest and then they are playing after ) :)

Nice, I bet Frampton would be a great show. Have fun.
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    ~blinks... sips my coffee... considers... then goes to see what year this is~

PMSL
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    The stone age....

Discuss
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite bands !!!

I have several of their songs on my I-Pod and those songs are part of my work-out !!!!

*They are coming to New England this summer (several venues) and I'm going to see them . . .
  • pacmanjack
    Options
    They're playing the BofA Pavilion in Boston tomorrow night... and I'm not going... :noway: