What are you looking forward to when you reach your goal?

Options
We all want to lose weight for different reasons so how long do you think it'll be before you reach your goal weight and what are you looking forward to in reaching it.

I've used MFP for a while but after going on holiday in both May and June I put on loads! So I have started again from 27th June with the aim to losing 14lbs and getting down to my goal weight of 129 lbs which I am hoping to do in 3 months if I roughly lose 1lb per week.

I can't wait to feel better about myself, not having to worry about which clothes will hide my tummy (which is where all my weight goes). Feeling better about myself will then help me feel sexier for my partner too who is being really supportive of me losing weight!
I also have a super skinny friend who isn't very supportive of me losing weight so it will be great not to feel massive in comparison.

Replies

• catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    My primary reasons for wanting to lose weight are to be healthy and so that I can live a good long life for my son. I have other reasons too, like wanting to feel good in a bathing suit and not being embarrassed to have my picture taken.
  • oBirdieo
    oBirdieo Posts: 148
    Options
    Being obese affects every single facet of my life. Literally. So I'm kinda looking forward to that NOT being the case! :smile:
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I'm almost at a healthy weight, so I can't really speak any more about the really life-changing things I found as I moved from morbidly obese because I'm currently enjoying them! Being able to fit comfortably on public transport, not being terrified of cameras (although I still approach with trepidation), being able to go in "normal" shops on the high street and find things that fit, not being out of breath after a short walk - these are all things I didn't realise I would enjoy so much!

As far as what I'm still looking forward to - new clothes!!! I'm treating myself to new wardrobe staples (things like a good pair of jeans, coat etc.). I can't wait to have followed something through properly to the end and to encourage others on their journey as living proof that it can be done. And finally, I also can't wait to up my calories as I love food! ;D
  • jenstanley13
    jenstanley13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to feeling good in clothes again; right now I just feel blah. I am also looking forward to being healthy for my daughter and setting a good example of being fit and getting my daily exercise that I need; I hope I can pass that along to her as it was never taught to me.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    To be able to say that I'm healthy and feel more confident about myself. I have 3 young boys and I want to be there for them as long as I can.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i'm looking forward to having the best, most fit body possible. that alone is the gift.
  • Chenson2010
    Chenson2010 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to being bikini ready next summer and feeling sexy in lingerie for my husband. I also would love for my BMI to be in the healthy range, more specifically far away from the overweight range so right in the middle. I have soo many aspirations for my body and with faith, hard work, determination and MFP i will get there.
    As far as the amount of time to get to goal i am giving myself til the end of the year. I want to make sure i am realistic in what i expect from my body. So i think that goal is more than enough time and even allows for a slip up or two.
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I have 5 kilos to get to my initial goal but would like to lose 8....I've lost 14 kilos already, 6 of those with MFP, my ultimate dream is to be able to wear a bikini in December as we are going away for Xmas to stay near the Beach
  • sheer_abulous
    Options
    So I can make some mega money!
  • shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My hubby is treating me to a tummy tuck when i reach goal!
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be able to start Cani-X with my dogs. I have 4 Siberian Huskies...who have helped me so much with the weight I've already lost...I'd love to be able to get out and do long runs with them, maybe even enter competitions. My goal is not only to shed pounds but become much more fit. I also have an amazing pair of jeans waiting for me!!
  • allybally6
    allybally6 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Well I just moved to a new neighborhood with a pool so I'd love to wear a bikini for the first time by the end of the summer.
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    my wedding!!! I'm hoping to be at my first goal weight by the time I buy a dress an then down another 10-20lbs after that by the time the wedding rolls around :)

BIKINIS! more cute clothes, going out with my girlfriends and feeling good about my body and how I look...
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    looking and feeling amazing. I know what its like to be at the weight I desire but I wanna know what it feels like to do it the "right" way.
  • elfranzen
    elfranzen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    to hopefully not have to wear a CPAP anymore when I sleep.
  • Sherrylynn69
    Sherrylynn69 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My goal is the same, to get h healthy. I am tired of not feeling good. I also want to be able to try on clothes that fit, specially a bathing suit.
  • anberlingasm
    anberlingasm Posts: 177
    Options
    I'm getting married in six weeks so firstly, I'm looking forward to fitting comfortably in my wedding dress but really, I'm looking forward to seeing my BMI come in to the normal range.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    There is really not much that will change in my life from losing the last few pounds. Everything that I will be able to do then, I am able to do now. The only things that I'm looking forward to:

1) Starting to learn how to maintain the loss forever (I know it's a lot of work, but since I've spent the last 15 years yo-yo-ing, I'm ready to finally learn how to maintain)

2) Fit into size 10 jeans (Yes, a vain goal, but a goal nonetheless!)

3) Feel a bit more healthy and confident than I currently do.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Going to the dr without the fear of getting bad news;
    Walking into any store, seeing something cute and being able to buy it, instead of sighing and walking away to the plus size section.
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    You know, the older I get, the more my goals change. When I was younger I might have said I was looking forward to something like looking good in a bikini or buying new clothes and that would have been enough for me. But as I get older, what I look like isn't nearly as important to me as how I FEEL and how much I'm able to DO. I want to reach my weight goal, of course, because I know my body will feel better at that weight, but my real goals lately (since I turned 40) have been more about staying active and pushing my fitness level. I want to be like those 80 and 90 year olds who still do tai chi in the park, dance, and finish marathons. THAT is what I'm looking forward to the most! Staying active and involved for as long as I possibly can. Being the grandma who can still chase her grandkids around the park. Being the old lady who still gardens, and does farm chores, and dances at weddings. So, I guess when I look at it that way, what I'm really looking forward to when I reach my current goal will be the opportunity to set another goal...and another...and another.