Hi, I'm new to this.

Options
I desperately need to lose 20lbs. I'm sick of feeling fat and unattractive. I seperated from my verbally abusive husband 8 months ago and I need to start finding some self esteem! I'm really hoping this works for me. I really don't want to be fat, forty and single!

Replies

• gothicprophet
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Abby!

You've come to a great community, I've only been here a short time myself, but I've found a plethora of resources to get me going, and great people to help keep me motivated on my fitness journey!

Just remember to take it one step at a time (literally even!), fitness is more akin to an epic quest than a trip to the corner store.

If you need a friend, please feel free to send me a request. :D And that goes for any other new members that post in this thread, but if you send me a request, please include a message with it!
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    Hello, welcome.
  • Lidadyme
    Lidadyme Posts: 2
    Options
    I am new but i came here to go from 185 to 135. I am doing what i should but i have a prblem logging in without friends on here to remind me. Lets do this:glasses: :blushing:
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hey girl!!

Glad you are here and that you are doing something good for yourself.

Danielle
  • Lidadyme
    Lidadyme Posts: 2
    Options
    I am so happy to see you taking steps to make a change. There's nothing better than dropping an ex and getting sexy to make him see what they lost. lol. Congrats again
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Abby- but let me start off by saying you ought to lose the "shabby" adjective- you might have walked away from the verbal abuse but you needn't speak it to yourself :wink:

One of the things that will help you tremendously is to list some reasons (write them down either on your profile here AND/OR on the fridge/pantry)
    Seeing what you want, and reminding yourself of it- will help keep you on track, or help you get back on track if you wander off a little.

Best wishes to you as you start this journey-
    Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish- I will encourage you along the way as will so many others.

It's a day by day walk with LOTS of great people to cheer you on- select your friends wisely.
    Don't be afraid to ask questions, search the forums ( you'd be surprised how many have already asked the same questions)
    and soon you'll find you start caring about SO much else in your life.
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • 1ArmyMom1
    1ArmyMom1 Posts: 94
    Options
    You've come to the right place for sure... you will find lots of support here on this site. Congrats on having the strength to leave an abusive situation, looks like you're taking steps in the right direction to take care of you. Best of luck with everything.