ear buds with ear hook, anyone use them?

Options
I seem to do ok with the regular ear buds when I run, but occasionally, the want to fall out.

My BF can never use the regular ear buds when he runs (he uses the lame-o early 90s, over the head, like an alice in wonderland head band, kind). His ears dont' look it but they must be shaped funny because they won't hold the buds in.

I thought of getting his n hers new earphones for stocking stuffers.

has anyone used the kind that have the little hook that goes over the ears? are they comfortable? do they stay in better?

say, something like these? (or do you have a brand you recommend, I have no idea)

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHS3200-37-Flexible-Earhook/dp/B000G0JKNM/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1224180347&sr=8-6

Replies

• LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I seem to do ok with the regular ear buds when I run, but occasionally, the want to fall out.

My BF can never use the regular ear buds when he runs (he uses the lame-o early 90s, over the head, like an alice in wonderland head band, kind). His ears dont' look it but they must be shaped funny because they won't hold the buds in.

I thought of getting his n hers new earphones for stocking stuffers.

has anyone used the kind that have the little hook that goes over the ears? are they comfortable? do they stay in better?

say, something like these? (or do you have a brand you recommend, I have no idea)

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHS3200-37-Flexible-Earhook/dp/B000G0JKNM/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1224180347&sr=8-6
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I have them. I find they interfere if I wear sunglasses (I run outside) and I wear a ponytail when I run and they can get knocked out with that. They don't always stay securly in your ear so I would say they aren't that great. A friend of mine has soft gel ones that you squeeze and they expand once in your ear, you might try looking for them, I tried them and loved them, just haven't stopped to pick them up. She got hers at Future Shop if there is one around you.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I have the perfect solution.

They are making ear buds now that have a soft, rubbery kind of thing that fits IN YOUR EAR. They drown out outside noise and I LOVE THEM.

They can be found pretty much every where, Walmart has them for $12 and up, I'm sure Radio Shack has 'em, but I got mine at Dollar General for $5. They came with three different sizes so that I can customize the fit.

YAY!!
  • LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    thanks for the advice. we both wear sunglasses, I hadn't thought of that.

I'll look for some other options!
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I just checked, at future shop they are called Marshmallow.
  • seegirlrun
    Options
    These are my favorite:

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-J10-Headphones-Non-Slip-Design/dp/B000092YR6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1224183485&sr=1-4

Cheap and they don't fall out. Very comfortable.

Even better for iPhone/iPod users are BudFits at www.budfits.com
  • ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I use those hook type earbuds while I am biking. I have used them both with sunglasses & helmets and have not found them uncomfortable.