DiamondDolls Week 3!

Replies

• skylar1907
    skylar1907 Posts: 156
    Healthy: eggs! so quick to cook up & a staple in my diet. yea GF protein!

Not allowed: peanut butter cups. in any form!
  • Karmiene
    Karmiene Posts: 115 Member
    Go Orange!! Yee-Haw!

No summer traditions. I hibernate in the summer. I’m more active in Winter.

Great questions photorific!

What's the one food (or meal) you keep on hand at all times for a quick, easy and healthy meal during those times when you'd normally be tempted to eat out?

I'm a creature of habit and could eat the same things over and over. In my desk at work, oatmeal (Quaker True Delights Wild Blueberry) and Progresso soups. At home = rice, a variety of simple protein (chicken, fish, shrimp, pork chops, and steak), lovely read leaf lettuce and Costco cherry tomatoes. Another must have is homemade salad dressing.

For my athletic teenager, I rotate a stash of junk food and we indulge his sweet tooth while we’re out instead of bringing treats home. The only reason I mention this is because it’s just as important for me keep his foods on hand so I can focus on my own.

Conversely, what's the one food that is no longer allowed in your house, because it elicits overindulgence?

I have a salty, greasy tooth so I don’t buy chips, sausage, or good thick-cut bacon because I’d fry it and eat it as it came out of the pan. If I want them, I eat them at a restaurant.
  • mona24523
    mona24523 Posts: 100
    Foods I always have on hand are feozen stirfry veggies, shrimp or chicken
    Foods not aloud is chips.
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Food i always have is bchicken breast as they're so versatile and also frozen mixed peppers that i can throw in dishes to bulk up the veg content.

There is nothing i would actively ban but I only buy biscuits that I don't like for my husband and kids so that i am not tempted to eat them :)

As for the 4th July - I'm Scottish so it doesn't really apply, but hot weather definitely makes me think BEER and I need to avoid that ;)
  • Today's QOTD was supposed to be by reneepugh, but she's probably in wedding heaven so this is a free day! I will post a question, but you don't have to answer it as required by the others.

Freebie: What's your weirdest habit?
  • Today's QOTD was supposed to be by reneepugh, but she's probably in wedding heaven so this is a free day! I will post a question, but you don't have to answer it as required by the others.

I swear I have a bit of an OCD problem, cause I have a lot of quirky little habits. My kids probably think the funniest habit is counting stairs. I count stairs every time I go up or down....LOL. They think it's hilarious.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    My lovely husband would likely say "All of them..."

Hmm - I had to think for a bit about this... but honestly, it's one that nobody can ever pick up on... when I'm in a car, I tend to tap my toes at every pass of a reflector on the side of the road - or in the dead-center of a driveway if we're in a residential area. And, I only tap my toes on the foot that is on the same side that the reflector or driveway is on. I know, right? :laugh:

Oh - and I also have the TV volume in 5's - I won't set it to 27 - it has to be 25 or 30...
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    I swear I have a bit of an OCD problem, cause I have a lot of quirky little habits.
    A friend described me as "OCT" Obsessive Compulsive Tendencies. Yeah - pretty much.
  • Fergieberg
    Fergieberg Posts: 92 Member
    Playing a little catch up here
    QOTD - A 2-parter for July 5:

What's the one food (or meal) you keep on hand at all times for a quick, easy and healthy meal during those times when you'd normally be tempted to eat out?

Conversely, what's the one food that is no longer allowed in your house, because it elicits overindulgence?

I like to have granola bars on hand, they don't feel me up but they keep me from doing something stupid at times.

The food we can't have in our house anymore is soda, I am addicted and if its in the house I will drink it!

For the weird habit, its probably not letting any of my food touch. I know it all ends up together but I hate it touching on my plate. My coworkers bought me a divided plate for potlucks cuz they think its so funny.
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Today's QOTD was supposed to be by reneepugh, but she's probably in wedding heaven so this is a free day! I will post a question, but you don't have to answer it as required by the others.

One of my weidest habits is going back and checking that I locked the front door at least 3 times. I even make my husband go back to check even if we are 2 miles away! My husband hates it! And I hate it but if I don't do it I worry until I get home. And it's not just my house it's any door that I have to lock. Office door, my parents house any door.
    I know OCD!
  • Oh - and I also have the TV volume in 5's - I won't set it to 27 - it has to be 25 or 30...

HA! I only do things in even numbers!
  • skylar1907
    skylar1907 Posts: 156
    ummmmm weird habits...

while I keep a pretty tidy life, I refuse to do more than soak dishes at night - I typically do dishes the following morning. nothing worse than sitting down for a nice dinner and feeling anxious about the washing and drying getting done immediately following. my evenings are time with family/friends. I'll load the dishwasher, but I won't do the hand wash dishes. I do those while my eggs are cooking the next morning.
  • MeganLord
    MeganLord Posts: 28 Member
    Today's QOTD was supposed to be by reneepugh, but she's probably in wedding heaven so this is a free day! I will post a question, but you don't have to answer it as required by the others.

The first two that come to mind.. our back sliding door.. when i lock it i have to pull it to make sure it really locked.. weird.. and i like the curtain to cover it as good as possible cause i had seeing myself in the middle of the ngiht and getting scared that someones in the house!

also, when i leave the house and put the dogs in their cages i HAVE to tell them i love them and be good that mommy will be back soon.. my husband laughs at me.. :/
  • Harrar10
    Harrar10 Posts: 116

I don't really have any... Beside playing with my lip ring all the time. :laugh:
  • Macy_R
    Macy_R Posts: 91
    My weirdest habit is that I talk to myself when I'm alone...it's getting bad! haha
  • mona24523
    mona24523 Posts: 100
    When I pump gas my total has to end in a 0 or 5.
  • northernchic
    northernchic Posts: 117 Member
    [/quote]
    For the weird habit, its probably not letting any of my food touch. I know it all ends up together but I hate it touching on my plate. My coworkers bought me a divided plate for potlucks cuz they think its so funny.
    [/quote]

OMG...see we are MEANT to be partners!! I am the same way!!! My mother in law got me one of those plates for Christmas this year to be funny!! :laugh:
  • northernchic
    northernchic Posts: 117 Member
    Other than the above weirdness that I share with my very dear partner...I guess I would have to say I have to wear my socks inside out...I can't freakin STAND that seam being on my toes!!!
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    I also have an issue with numbers. Everything has to be either even numbers, or even better in 7's and 14's. When i brush my teeth I do upper left 7, upper right 7. Lower right 7 and upper right 7. Yes I know. I have already been diagnoses.
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    I don't thin kI have any weird habits, my family and friends would probably disagree :laugh: