Savoury snacks....

Options
I don't have a particularly sweet tooth so when I need (or want I suppose) a snack I find it really hard to find something low cal that isn't sweet.

Crisps are my weakness, so I'm trying to avoid them, but when a piece of fruit just wont cut it I'm unsure what to try that isn't over 200 cals!

Any tips would be great :)

Replies

• arcoriell
    arcoriell Posts: 8
    Options
    I like light string cheese. 60 calories each. :heart:
  • vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Crisps were my weakness too, although I do still sometimes have the Walkers Baked.

For my treats, I have the 'Graze' portions delivered to home, I get quite excited waiting to find out what's in my box, sad, I know :smile:
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    If I need a better alternative I opt for popcorn. I will put some garlic salt or powder and some parmesan cheese on it. It's very tasty.
  • doramouse
    doramouse Posts: 160
    Options
    Wasa Multigrain crackers do it for me.
  • doramouse
    doramouse Posts: 160
    Options
    Wasa Multigrain crackers do it for me.
  • ElimyW
    ElimyW Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I have totally the same problem. But am slowly banishing my crisp binging!!

Had a quick look at your profile & saw you're from the UK too, so hopefully I'll be talking on the same page foods wise :)

I have a bit of an obsession with multigrain ryvita these days - I have 2 with some low fat cream cheese, and it's about 100 cals and really fills the gap! Other than that I go for Kallo rice cakes which are really low, or some sort of cup a soup (though granted it doesn't have the same 'crunch' factor!) - I'm really into Ainsley Harriots hot & sour soup at the moment which is under 60 cals.

Hope you find something! I'll be keeping an eye out on this thread too 'cos I'm always on the look out for new suggestions!

Em :)
  • vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Ooohh yes, Rice Cakes, they were like eating polystyrene to start with, but put some low fat Philly on them and some cucumber and they make a tasty low cal snack :smile:
  • CarolineT82
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions......

I tend to have rivita with low fat cheese if I'm having a salad for lunch so don't know why I didn't think of that!! And thanks for the tips about the rice cakes too - I found them like cardboard when I tried them before! :smile: