Brides on a Mission: July

2»

Replies

• ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 307 Member
    Brides on a Mission: JULY
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 0 have been on vacation, not a good thing for my logging or my weightloss

2. Highlight of the past week: More wedding RSVPs coming in! Getting excited. Also Engagement Photos came back and I am so excited! They look great!

3. Lowlight of the past week: FH's uncle asked if he could bring his mother-in-law to the wedding :grumble:

Background: Uncle's Mother-in-Law (U's MIL) is suffering from the onset of dementia, so she stays with him and his wife alot because she cannot be left alone. U's MIL refuses to go into a home (and I don't think her daughter wants to force her). Currently, U's MIL is at her home and her granddaughter is staying with her. The granddaughter is invited to the wedding. The Granddaughter is not FH's by blood or marraige, but rather his uncle's wife's nieces (Uncle's wife's brother's child).

While I understand it would be convenient for them to bring her I was really upset by this request and the nerve he had asking. He offered to pay for the cost of the extra person, but that is not the point!

We are having a smallish wedding of around 100 people and our family already is about 50 of those people. Both sides had to make difficult choices about who to invite and who to leave off the list, so there are other people who if there was room/money who would have been invited! For the U's MIL to come to our wedding over close friends and/or extended family who we couldn't invite would be wrong. My FH own grandparents cannot make the trip to the wedding due to their health, so it seems even more wrong to have someone elses grandmother there.

There are other issues, such as: where will she stay? The Inn where family is staying is booked solid. what will she eat? I have only ever seen her eat hamburgers, so the prime rib or crab ravioli aren't going to work. What will she do? she is scared by loud noise, crowds, and strangers which is basically what our wedding would seem like to her a big noisy crown of strangers.

It is has been really stressful, especially since he waited to ask us less than 2 months before the wedding! FH and I have had to have long conversations via Skype with my future in-laws on how we want to handle it. We decided that we will be honest and say we cannot in good son conscience have U's MILat the wedding when so many other important people could not be invited due to numbers. My in-laws are being gracious enough to say U's MIL can come to the rehearsal dinner since it is a smaller more casual event (and there will be hamburgers). But we have also asked questions such as, where will U's MIL be staying? What will they do with her for the wedding? etc.

We shall see what happens, but this was not what FH and I needed this past week. I know this is just the beginning of the craziness, but I feel like this was a huge thing to start the crazy with! :explode:

4. Any wedding news updates: see above.

5. Weekly wrap up: Overall stressful. At least going to the gym helps.
  • msstillion79
    msstillion79 Posts: 142
    First of all I love this forum. Here goes.
    My name is NEllie
    32yrs old
    live in Alledonia ohio
    im a nurses aide and a student
    my wedding is Sept 08,2012
    my fiancees name is David
    been together for fifteen years and have three wonderful kids
    my heaviest weight is 298
    my current is 279
    my goal by my wedding is 180 short goal is to be under 200 by halloween this year
    my favorite exercise is walking
    favorite food is fruit any type

Im just starting to plan our wedding we are getting married on the beach in south carolina with just a small group of just our closest friends and our childern. i cant wait im so excited and scared all at once u would think that i wouldnt be because we have been together so long. :happy:
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Brides on a Mission: JULY
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 0 have been on vacation, not a good thing for my logging or my weightloss

2. Highlight of the past week: More wedding RSVPs coming in! Getting excited. Also Engagement Photos came back and I am so excited! They look great!

3. Lowlight of the past week: FH's uncle asked if he could bring his mother-in-law to the wedding :grumble:

Background: Uncle's Mother-in-Law (U's MIL) is suffering from the onset of dementia, so she stays with him and his wife alot because she cannot be left alone. U's MIL refuses to go into a home (and I don't think her daughter wants to force her). Currently, U's MIL is at her home and her granddaughter is staying with her. The granddaughter is invited to the wedding. The Granddaughter is not FH's by blood or marraige, but rather his uncle's wife's nieces (Uncle's wife's brother's child).

While I understand it would be convenient for them to bring her I was really upset by this request and the nerve he had asking. He offered to pay for the cost of the extra person, but that is not the point!

We are having a smallish wedding of around 100 people and our family already is about 50 of those people. Both sides had to make difficult choices about who to invite and who to leave off the list, so there are other people who if there was room/money who would have been invited! For the U's MIL to come to our wedding over close friends and/or extended family who we couldn't invite would be wrong. My FH own grandparents cannot make the trip to the wedding due to their health, so it seems even more wrong to have someone elses grandmother there.

There are other issues, such as: where will she stay? The Inn where family is staying is booked solid. what will she eat? I have only ever seen her eat hamburgers, so the prime rib or crab ravioli aren't going to work. What will she do? she is scared by loud noise, crowds, and strangers which is basically what our wedding would seem like to her a big noisy crown of strangers.

It is has been really stressful, especially since he waited to ask us less than 2 months before the wedding! FH and I have had to have long conversations via Skype with my future in-laws on how we want to handle it. We decided that we will be honest and say we cannot in good son conscience have U's MILat the wedding when so many other important people could not be invited due to numbers. My in-laws are being gracious enough to say U's MIL can come to the rehearsal dinner since it is a smaller more casual event (and there will be hamburgers). But we have also asked questions such as, where will U's MIL be staying? What will they do with her for the wedding? etc.

We shall see what happens, but this was not what FH and I needed this past week. I know this is just the beginning of the craziness, but I feel like this was a huge thing to start the crazy with! :explode:

4. Any wedding news updates: see above.

5. Weekly wrap up: Overall stressful. At least going to the gym helps.

Hang in there hun! It sounds like things aren't going that great right now but they should turn around soon!
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Wow this group is getting smaller! Sorry i've been AWOL again, but i PROMISE i'm back for good and proper!
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Is there an august group?
  • suzumichan
    suzumichan Posts: 127
    Not really sure :x

Here's August (Wasnt sure if someone was going to make one or not so I just made it)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/308226-brides-on-a-mission-august
This discussion has been closed.