How much should I weigh?

Options
I'm 5'8 and weigh around 180lbs, i have no idea what weight i should be aiming for.

Replies

• rachel0923
    rachel0923 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I think there is a calculator on here that lets you calculate your BMI and gives you suggestions for a healthy weight for your height. I read something a long time ago that said you should allow 100 lbs for the first 5 feet, then 5 lbs for each additional inch, which I guess would probably be a healthy weight!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I think there is a calculator on here that lets you calculate your BMI and gives you suggestions for a healthy weight for your height. I read something a long time ago that said you should allow 100 lbs for the first 5 feet, then 5 lbs for each additional inch, which I guess would probably be a healthy weight!

That makes since. Considering I am 5'7" and am aiming for 135. Even thou they say I am @ a healthy weight as long as I stay between 135 and 155. I am 145 currently.
  • allenlisa
    allenlisa Posts: 96
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and should weigh 140ish. I think it also depends on your body type. I'm not a little person so for me to be healthy I tend to be on the higher side of my healthy weight. I feel best around 145-150.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    According to the BMI calculator on the site your healthy range is 121.7 - 164.4 lbs.