Polar ft4 Waterproof?

Hi,

I have a Polar ft4 and was wondering if it's waterproof and does it work well while in the pool? Wanted to give it a try today but wondered if anyone had success with this?

Replies

• amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Yes. My husband has worn his FT4 in the pool with no trouble. Only thing you have to be careful of is that you DO NOT push the buttons on the watch while submerged (they tell you this in the manual and on the website I believe).
  • katy5692
    katy5692 Posts: 140
    yes i have the ft4 and it is waterproof. Just dont press the buttons when in the water :)
  • Dare2BThin
    Dare2BThin Posts: 211 Member
    Yes!!! I love it for water Aerobics!
  • littlecaponey2
    littlecaponey2 Posts: 143 Member
    I have the FT 4 and I have'nt found it works well in the pool. I guess I am afraid to get the watch wet, so I put it in a baggy and hold it in one hand. I water jog and I feel like it isn't giving me a very good calorie burn. When I go lower in the water (hand still out of the water), it loses my HR. I know everyone has said it is waterproof, but scared to actually put it in the water.
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Yes, just don't take it deep sea diving and don't push any buttons.
  • littlecaponey2
    littlecaponey2 Posts: 143 Member
    yes i have the ft4 and it is waterproof. Just dont press the buttons when in the water :)

Are you puttting the watch in and swimming around? I am so afraid it will stop working! Can you press the buttons as soon as you get out of the pool and the watch is still wet?
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Well, I tried it out today and it doesn't work under water. If I am standing in the shallow end and chest and watch is out, then it works. As soon as I started to swim laps or tread water, NOPE. Oh well.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    they don't always work the best or the most accurate in the pool, but they are waterproof and can be used. Just don't push the buttons under the water or when really soaked when you first get out of pool.
  • clur85
    clur85 Posts: 187 Member
    this is probably a stupid question, but is the strap as well as the watch waterproof? unsure about the transmitter on the strap?
  • bump
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Bump
  • Yay! going to give it a go on the weekend I think :)
  • I don't find it works for me, when I'm fully submerged it doesn't give me a heart rate.
  • toriterrell
    toriterrell Posts: 2 Member
    I've been using mine for two weeks now... been in the pool 3 or 4 times and the last time when I jumped in the deep end it didn't read it so I got out and stopped it and started it again. I went in the pool down the step ladder and it did fine during my whole swim. Love it!
  • toriterrell
    toriterrell Posts: 2 Member
    Yes the strap is waterproof... in fact you have to run water on the transmitter to get it going... they tell you to rinse the strap after ever work out... definitely waterproof.
  • jessikabrook
    jessikabrook Posts: 45 Member
    Yes however they recommend getting the T31 strap for underwater tracking instead of usinvg the orginal one as salt and chlorine can distort data and results :)