Starting my 30s right!

Options
My name is Terry, and I'm 29. I grew up tall and thin, and wanted to model and all that good stuff through high school. I always assumed I would be at my "hottest" and in the best shape in my 20s, but it turns out that's when my metabolism slowed down, and I packed on pounds from birth control and a love of beer and carbs.

I've always been a habitually slow, lazy person! I could nap every day happily if my schedule allowed it. But I'm trying to turn the tables against my activity nature to get back the body I feel I "should have" and hopefully gain some energy! I would love to be one of those people who unwinds and de-stresses via exercise, but as of right now, I still do that with a bottle of beer. ;)

I would love to change my own perception of me. I used to love being tall, but now that I don't feel thin anymore, I wish I could blend into a crowd and just can't. I want my self-confidence back to wear short skirts and heels! I'd love to enter my thirties in great shape, with energy and confidence!

Replies

• gothicprophet
    Options
    I'd love to enter my thirties in great shape, with energy and confidence!

Same here, I got started a little late into my 29th year on deciding to get fit so I might not be at my goal by my birthday (this month, heh) but I'll get there. :D
  • ShellGetsFit
    ShellGetsFit Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking the reins!! I am turning 30 this year too!! Same as you, I was always thin growing up and didn't think twice about it, well the only thought was I'll always be this way...3 kids later and not a lot of exercise...not so much! I've added in the exercise to de-stress and then usually have a beer after. Good luck, you've come to the right place for motivation and support!! Great ideas for exercise, recipes and just how to change your lifestyle to make a healthier you!! :smile:
  • Malani2010
    Malani2010 Posts: 245
    Options
    You can do it!!! We're all here for you. You could always drink some kind of light beer if you still want it. As far as excersicing you can try just walking around a park or something where your body doesn't "think" it's excercise. Good luck to you.