NKOTB

Options
mbilling
mbilling Posts: 30 Member
That's me. I'm jumping ship from WW after 7+ years. I have gained 20 of the 75# lost and now just can't seem to lose with their new program. Maybe this is what I need. Looking forward to the support and advice of this community.

Replies

• aferbet
    aferbet Posts: 124
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you in your new journey! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • colesearr
    colesearr Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My mother has been on and off WW pretty much my entire life, so I'm familiar with how much it changes and how frustrating it gets. I like the simplicity of this site, and especially that it has an app for my phone! Hope it works out for you!
  • lejess
    lejess Posts: 63
    Options
    Wow...This is how big of a nerd I am.....totally thought this post was going to be about the group, New Kids on the Block. LOL! :blushing:
    Anyways.......
    I never had much success with WW, but this site has been a big help! Best of luck to you and welcome!!
  • trapitt
    trapitt Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I did well on Weight watchers about 15 years ago when they had their fat and fiber program - but their new points program didn't work for me. I would lose a few pounds over the first few weeks and then stagnate, loose my motivationa nd miss meetings. I can't beleive how easy MFP has been for me. I am down 15 pounds and still motivated.
    The top benefits of MFP is having the APP on my phone (it is always with me), it is easy to follow (tell it what you ate and it will tell you how close you are to your calorie total, and the MFP community (it is like having a wiehgt watcher meeting at your fingertips 24-7). Friend me if you want me to join your cheering section.
  • tlems
    tlems Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    Wow...This is how big of a nerd I am.....totally thought this post was going to be about the group, New Kids on the Block. LOL! :blushing:

HA HA! Me too! I was totally thinking of New Kids and yet I clicked anyways...:laugh:
  • fmbarbuto
    fmbarbuto Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Anyways.......
    I never had much success with WW, but this site has been a big help! Best of luck to you and welcome!!

Ditto! I also had success with WW as well and I was considering rejoining, but didn't want to pay the $$ for the online service. So I found out about MPF thru one of the WW message boards and joined just last week. I love it so far! I have the app on my phone so it's easy to add foods and track - which was always a pain in the butt for me. I'm finding lots of help and good advice here! Good luck on your journey and feel free to friend me!
  • lre224
    lre224 Posts: 83
    Options
    Anyways.......

ME TOO!!!!!! I just saw the NKOTBSB concert about 3 weeks ago & loved it! Took my 15 year old daughter, who I managed to turn into a BSB fan - she loved it as well. We did have to stand the entire time though, in order to see (hmmm...a couple of extra calories burned...?) I just joined MFP about a mont ago, and finally was able to get serious and focus on losing weight.
  • casirdms
    casirdms Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Anyways.......

ME TOO!!!!!! I just saw the NKOTBSB concert about 3 weeks ago & loved it! Took my 15 year old daughter, who I managed to turn into a BSB fan - she loved it as well. We did have to stand the entire time though, in order to see (hmmm...a couple of extra calories burned...?) I just joined MFP about a mont ago, and finally was able to get serious and focus on losing weight.

I'm going to see NKOTBSB on the 23rd! Can't wait :)
  • darconnor
    darconnor Posts: 49
    Options
    Okay...everybody else was a nerd. I didn't even get NKOTB...that's why I clicked. I was like I now know what a NSV is, what the heck is a NKOTB? lol Funny.

Anyway, welcome, new kid on the block! You will enjoy MFP. I did Weight Watchers too. It's a great program. But it changes so much and I can't do another meeting. I know what I need to do. I promise. I simply need to do it. MFP fits my life so well. A calorie is always going to be a calorie. No converting. No nothing. And being able to log (which keeps me honest with myself)... apparently is just what I need to be able to do this forever!

Enjoy and best wishes!

5098589.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter