I CHALLENGE YOU!!!

Options

Replies

• kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Done with my pushups for today! I'm doing good-form pushups on level 2, that is what the App assigned me. So I did my 10 this morning for the test, 25 just now for the program... and now I'm gonna do my 30 Day Shred DVD which I'm sure will try to torture me with some more pushups thrown in...

I am already looking forward to this challenge being over... not because I hate pushups, but because I can't wait to see an improvement in my upper body strength!!!

How did everyone else's day go?
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I did Week 1, Day 1 of the challenge. Since I did 15 on my initial test, that put me in the most aggressive of the three plans. My five sets were as follows:

Set 1: 10
    Set 2: 12
    Set 3: 7
    Set 4: 7
    Set 5: max (I did 17)

Total: 53
  • kaitimae
    Options
    I did Week 1, Day 1 of the challenge. Since I did 15 on my initial test, that put me in the most aggressive of the three plans. My five sets were as follows:

ROCKSTAR!!!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    Day one week one, total 12 pushups - 2, 3, 2, 2, 3.:... starting out easy, but I know this will be tough. I'm just happy to a actually be able to do unmodified pushups!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options

Very impressive!
  • AndyBee
    AndyBee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Doing modified, yesterday I did day one 10 : 12 : 7 : 7 max 14.

Today week 1 day 2 I did 1 : 12 : 8 : 8 : max 20

I'm doing the 30 day shred as well, and all I can say is: Don't try to do one right after the other :)
  • gothicprophet
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 day shred as well, and all I can say is: Don't try to do one right after the other :)

I've been doing both for a little while now, slacked off on the 100 push ups though... I'll be picking it back up tomorrow. :D
  • kaitimae
    Options
    Doing modified, yesterday I did day one 10 : 12 : 7 : 7 max 14.

Today week 1 day 2 I did 1 : 12 : 8 : 8 : max 20

Haha yeah I did the Shred immediately following pushups... it was not too bad actually! But, I've been working out once or twice a week with a trainer for 50 minutes at a time, so 20 minutes of Shred didn't seem too bad. I was a little stiff this morning, but feeling good now! Will do the Shred again tomorrow... and then Monday back to pushups... and maybe some yoga. =)
  • midmomike2
    midmomike2 Posts: 213
    Options
    I actually did this program about 3 months ago....and IT DOES WORK!!! my final test I did 100 consecutive pushups in less than 2 minutes and probably could have done a few more!
  • brandigo
    brandigo Posts: 16
    Options
    downloaded the app. Day 1: daily set 7, 7, 8, 8, 7, total- 37.........may be the end of me!
  • brandigo
    brandigo Posts: 16
    Options
    not gonna lie, i modified the modified... on my knees but feet tucked under the couch- odd i know but push ups on hard wood floors= a whole lot of sliding. i do a proper modified when i get a yoga mat. all that said my arms and chest are burning so apparently im still working something! OY! nonetheless, day one- check!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    redid day 1 week 1 today so I can try to stay on Mon wed Friday schedule.. weird I know, just seems wrong for day 2 to be a Monday. At very very low reps and they still make me sore!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    not gonna lie, i modified the modified... on my knees but feet tucked under the couch- odd i know but push ups on hard wood floors= a whole lot of sliding. i do a proper modified when i get a yoga mat. all that said my arms and chest are burning so apparently im still working something! OY! nonetheless, day one- check!

Whatever works! Good job!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    Attempted Week 1 Day 2 today, and couldn't complete it. I did 10-12-8-8 (as programmed) but for the last rep I could only do 10 instead of the minimum of 12. I literally collapsed after the 10th one in the last set - my arms couldn't take any more. I'm wondering if I struggled so much tonight because I didn't get much sleep last night and worked late today... I'm pretty tired! I'll repeat this on Wednesday. Maybe it's better that way, anyways, since my day 1/2/3 will be lined up with M/W/F after this.
  • vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Options
    Well started challenge today, Week 1, Day 1 with reps of 6, 6, 4, 4, with a max of 8! Modified version! We'll see what wednesday brings and how sore I'll be tomorrow!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i decided to go with modified to start with. day one:
    10/12/7/7/14 = 50
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    forgot to post on wednesday. day two:
    16 (i forgot to stop at 10)/12/8/8/15 = 57
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    Oops. I forgot to do my pushups yesterday. Will do them this evening.
  • vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Options
    Well I did Week 1 Day 2 yesterday. Wow did my arms burn when I started. I did manage to get the 6-8-6-6 with a max of 13 for total of 39 push ups done. Week 1 Day 3 will be done friday!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    I did Week 1 Day 2: 10-12-8-8-max(15)