New this week

Options
Hello everyone just thought I would say hello and say that I am ready to make a big change in my life. I am a mom of two wonderful little girls that are 9, 5. I have battled my weight all of my life. I have so much going against me with heart disease on both sides of my family, diabetes, high blood pressure pretty much anything and everything. I am so tired of being the fat mom as what my daughter calls me. It really hurts and I try to tell her that and she really doesn't understand.

I am ready to make the change for my health. I am ready to get the skinny person out of this fat body and ready to show my husband that yes I can look good. Have a wonderful evening.

Replies

• MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone just thought I would say hello and say that I am ready to make a big change in my life. I am a mom of two wonderful little girls that are 9, 5. I have battled my weight all of my life. I have so much going against me with heart disease on both sides of my family, diabetes, high blood pressure pretty much anything and everything. I am so tired of being the fat mom as what my daughter calls me. It really hurts and I try to tell her that and she really doesn't understand.

I am ready to make the change for my health. I am ready to get the skinny person out of this fat body and ready to show my husband that yes I can look good. Have a wonderful evening.
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your new lifestyle :drinker:

You've definitely come to the right place. I've only been on MFP for a month, but I'm already seeing results.

Good luck.:smile:
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Hi there and Welcome!
  • VishousBabe
    Options
    Hi Mollysue! WELCOME!!! You are at the right place to get healthy and fit! Everyone here is very helpful and supportive. I'm sure you will soon find that out for yourself! Good Luck to you!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    0002018C.gif

Welcome!!
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Welcome and today is the begining. :wink: You will get a lot of support here and good advice.

My advise is to not cheat on your food diary, leave the past in the past, dont' beat yourself up on the bad days and don't deny yourself food. Moderation and portion control are your guide. .

I wish you much success here and some one on this site is going throught the same exact thing.
    :smooched: :bigsmile:
  • NB_Lady
    NB_Lady Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Welcome- you'll get a ton of support here and you CAN do anything you put your mind to.

Good luck!:smile:
    Anne
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Hi Molly..Welcome to MFP! By the sounds of it you are in the exact place to make some big changes in your life. You made the decision to do it for YOU and that's when folks here are most successful!

Hang in there.....as you get healthier you'll be able to be that example for the kids on sensitivity, healthy eating and respect. Kids say all sorts of things...and yes, they are only kids but yup, it sure can hurt....I imagine especially being your own.

Jump in as it looks like you have been and keep posting, using all the tools and you shall conquer and realize there is even more to gain here than weight loss!!!:flowerforyou:

I'm proud of your decision to come here for a change in your life:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    0002018C.gif:noway: :grumble: :yawn:

Welcome!!
  • actionjackson03
    Options
    I was the fat mom, too, and completely understand. 10 months ago, I was where you are now. And I'm no longer the fat mom! 57 lbs gone, and another 31 to go. But let me tell you, it's worth every effort to take care of yourself and be healthy, happy and beautiful. Good luck!