HRM Always has close to same calorie read out??

Options
carajo
carajo Posts: 532 Member
It seems it doesnt matter what type of workout i do, the calorie burn is ALWAYS about 350-375 calories! Today for example i was drenched in sweat after doing a crossfit workout for 75 min...365 cals. the other day i did p90x shoulders, arms and tris with ab ripperx..350 cals....insanity max cardio....360 cals?
Seriously am i missing something here?? I have friends on mfp, that are around my same size that log 800-900 cals. per workout!! How is this even possible? New hrm maybe?? I use a polar f6....any thoughts??? THANKS everyone:)

Replies

• britanyeg
    britanyeg Posts: 4
    Options
    i would google how many calories you are burning and just put them in manually cause the exercises on here aren't quite the right amount of calories....that's what i had to do for zumba.
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Have you had it awhile? Does it need a new battery? Mine was about 3 years old when it wasn't calculating correctly and so I got a new one. My new one is a lot more accurate.
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    i would google how many calories you are burning and just put them in manually cause the exercises on here aren't quite the right amount of calories....that's what i had to do for zumba.

but they are using a HRM so it should be more accurate, a HRM is the way, do you use one with a chest strap ?
  • vetsnatural
    vetsnatural Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Unless something is wrong with your HRM or you need to put in your new Weight, etc... your HRM is probably correct. Remember as we get more fit, the exertion is less and that may be what is making your HRM calories burned stay around the same number. You may need to recalibrate, update info and or change your exercises. Your body, heart has gotten used to what your doing and less effort to complete.
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    First thing, double check that your Height, Weight, Age & Sex are programmed correctly on your HRM. Then check that the batteries are still good.

Lastly, monitor your HRM during your workout to make sure that it is constantly reading your HR. If it is cutting in & out, this would cause it to under estimate your calories burned.
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    That's what I've found, as well. My calorie burning is almost always the same unless I do a new activity that my muscles haven't learned yet. And then, it only takes a couple of times at that new activity and my HRM measure drops back to the usual number, as if I'd been doing it for months.