Medifast

Options
amaried621
amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
Has anyone tried Medifast? My schedule is so hectic between work and school and I just need to grab something and go. I'm just working on the last 10lbs and am thinking about trying it for 2 weeks. Any thoughts??

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Biggest downside, cost. $12 a day is a little rough, even Nutrisystem has a 50% off sale on now, go check that out. Or buy a Subway footlong daily, thats only $150 for a month. All of these options are super high in sodium.
  • gettingitdone
    gettingitdone Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My friend has done it. It works...
  • pickenslmc
    pickenslmc Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is meant as a way to lose the last 10 pounds. It is very low calorie around 900 a day. You could probably replace some meals with shakes or bars that would be cheaper than buying medifast food-it averages around $2 a meal.
  • megruder
    megruder Posts: 216
    Options
    I know several people that have tried Medifast and it's really geared toward those with excessive amounts of weight to lose. Some have had success and some gained ALL the weight back plus some once they went off of it. Obviously, if you've already lost weight then this is just a convenience problem you are trying to solve. I agree that Nutri-system would be cheaper and more along the lines of what you're looking for. Another option might be taking an afternoon or evening once a week and preparing meals for the week. I've not tried it yet but I know lots of people on here that do it and love it.
  • beccau_20
    beccau_20 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Medifast seems so sketchy to me. I know someone who did it and lost weight, but it just seemed unhealthy to me. You'll probably lose those last 10 pounds, but would they stay off?