20-somethings Week One [Open group for those in their 20's l

Frumpy2Fit
Frumpy2Fit Posts: 137 Member
edited September 29 in Motivation and Support
The following is the suggested format to begin:

My current weight (as of __/__) is _________.
My goal for this week is to lose ____ lbs. (Your goal does not have to be about lb.s lost!)
This week I am going to focus on: ____________________________________________________

and then on Friday we can post:
My current weight, as of 7/8, is ____________
I met/did not meet my goal.
I believe I met my goal because:
I believe I did not meet my goal because: (this is about learning from our mistakes)
My goal for next week is to lose _____ lbs. (Your goal does not have to be about lb.s lost!)
This week I am going to focus on: _________________________________.

Post away 20-somethings! Let's kick some butt!!!

Replies

• Frumpy2Fit
    My current weight (as of 7/5) is 150 lbs.
    My goal for this week is to lose 1 lb.
    This week I am going to focus on: My food! I want to be cut back on carbs (and sugars) and increase protein.
  • catecn
    catecn Posts: 84
    My current weight (as of 7/5) is 145 lbs.
    My goal for this week is to lose 2 lb.
    This week I am going to focus on: not eating sweets and working out at least once
  • pjrisher
    pjrisher Posts: 152
    My current weight (as of 07/05) is 141.8 lbs.
    My goal for this week is to begin C25K & lose .8 lbs.
    This week I am going to focus on: Not snacking at work so much! I'm a cook so I need to work on keeping my tastes to an actual taste and not going overboard.

Good luck girls (and any males who might join us!) ! I'm excited to get this going!
    Oh, and I'm 20 years old & 5'3.
  • KierstyPants
    KierstyPants Posts: 468 Member
    My current weight (as of 7/2) is 226.
    My goal for this week is to lose 2 lbs. (Your goal does not have to be about lb.s lost!)
    This week I am going to focus on: Water intake and sodium intake.

:)
    thanks for this!
    I'm a baby, i'm only 20. hehe
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    ^I'm only 20 too =)
    I've been wanting to join something like this for forever. Erm...

My current weight (as of 7/3-sorry I refuse to step on the scale today after yesterday) is 152 lbs.
    My goal for this week is to lose 1 lb. But I'll settle for 0.5 lbs b/c I haven't lost anything in a really long while.
    I'll be focusing on: trying to eat back ex. calories to change things up. hopefully it works!
  • MuchMovement
    MuchMovement Posts: 100
    My current weight (as of 7/5) is 137.
    My goal for this week is to lose any percentage of my body fat.
    This week I am going to focus on: kicking *kitten* and taking names and my trouble areas (belly button to my knees)
  • Frumpy2Fit
    Just so everyone knows, weigh-in day is Friday! The plan is to let the "biggest loser" (based on percentage of weight lost) pick the "challenge" for the following week, which can include challenging everyone to walk an extra 2 miles or get in an additional hour of exercise. Good luck everyone! I know we can all do this!!!
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    My current weight is as of 7/5 243.4.
    My goal for this week is a 2lb loss.
    This week I am focusing on not binge eating when I get home and do the 30DS each night.

I am a 21 and 5'4".
  • brianna626
    brianna626 Posts: 156
    My current weight (as of 7/4 is 131.9
    My goal for this week is to lose 5 lbs.
    This week I am going to focus on: Less cabs and sugar and doing the JM 30 DS everyday.
  • soniaa777
    soniaa777 Posts: 126 Member
    My current weight (as of 7/5) is 252__.
    My goal for this week is to lose 1.5 lbs. (Your goal does not have to be about lb.s lost!)
    This week I am going to focus on: adding time to my exercise routine and focus on slashing some calories at dinner time.
  • Frumpy2Fit
    It's awesome that so many of you are doing the 30 day shred! I am on day 9 and it is killer! I'm looking forward to level 2...but still scared to death of what is to come :)
  • grimms11208
    grimms11208 Posts: 146 Member
    My current weight (as of 7/5) is 150.
    My goal for this week is to lose _1_ lbs. (Your goal does not have to be about lb.s lost!)
    This week I am going to focus on: Eating 150 grams of protein a day and exercising at least 4 times this week
  • Sounds good, but I think I may mess this group up somewhat. Sounds good, but I'll focusing on gaining weight as opposed to losing. The aim is to gain weight while maintaining/decreasing my % body fat. Err, you'll see what I mean:

My current weight (as of 05/07) is 147.8 lb.
    My goal for this week is to GAIN 1.0 lb.
    This week I am going to focus on: increasing my protein intake and eating more, but smaller, meals

Hopefully I will be the loser of the "Biggest Loser" contest. Otherwise, someone is doing this *very* wrong. =P
  • My current weight as of 7/1 is 185 lbs.
    My goal for this week is to lose 1.5 lbs.
    This week I am going to focus on: Not over snacking in the evenings. I have a tendency to eat even when I'm not hungry (I assume out of boredom/habit).
  • Frumpy2Fit
    Bruzzeseangel! Did you want to come up with the challenge for this week since this whole group was your idea?! :)
  • mzek
    mzek Posts: 7
    Hi people !
    My current weight as of 7/1 is 149 lbs.
    My goal for this week is to lose 1.5 lbs.
    This week I am going to focus on: Working out. Regularly.
  • caitmarshhh
    caitmarshhh Posts: 69 Member
    My current weight (as of 7/1) is154.8
    My goal for this week is to lose 1 lb.
    This week I am going to focus on: choosing healthier snacks (i.e. fruit rather than a 100 calorie snack)

And to introduce myself, I'm Caitlin from New Jersey. I'm 20 years old and 5'2" :)
  • runningartist
    runningartist Posts: 24 Member
    My current weight (as of 7/5) is 150.
    My goal for this week is to lose 2 lbs. (Your goal does not have to be about lb.s lost!)
    This week I am going to focus on getting back on track and eating differently.
  • Bruzzeseangel! Did you want to come up with the challenge for this week since this whole group was your idea?! :)

I'd love to do this week's challenge! So to get everyone (especially me) accustomed to logging in/keeping track I'd like the goal to be for everyone to try and log in and track all your food/exercise every day until Friday. Since we're all logged in today that's only 3 more days in a row! Definitely a goal we can all reach and it will be a great way to "kick-off" our weight-loss (or keep motivated for those of you who're already on the right path).
  • Frumpy2Fit
    Name CW Goal
    Bruzzeseangel 185 -1.5
    BDavis1185 150 -1
    Catecn 145 -2
    Pjrisher 141.8 -0.8 and begin C25K
    Kiersteniscool 226 -2
    Elsham 152 -1
    MuchMovement 137 Lose % of body fat
    Ak_in_Ak 243.4 -2
    Brianna626 131.9 -5
    Soniaa777 252 -1.5
    Grimms11208 150 -1
    Halloween Ninja 147.8 +1
    Mzek 149 -1.5
    Caitmann 154.8 -1
    Runningartist 160 -2

This is a list of participants for the week! If you'd like to join, please just copy the board and add yourself! Thanks :)
This discussion has been closed.