Looking for ideas / inspiration - minced(ground) turkey

Options
cartern1
cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
Ok, so I bought some minced (ground) turkey breast earlier.

I'm lookin or some ideas on what to do with it

Can't wait to hear what you come up with

nik

Replies

• glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Not very exciting, but I made bolognaise out of my turkey mince. I take it that is what you're talking about? Or similarly, chilli or meatballs I guess. Turkey gingerbread men? Sorry, that's me all out.
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I love minced turkey ,I add onions,peppers,chillis,mushrooms,peas,sweetcorn spices and sometimes some rice ,or leave the rice out and turn it into a spicy shepards pie with sweet mash topping ,its yummy .
    Or turkey and fresh coriander burgers are lovely as well .
  • Purple_Lurple
    Purple_Lurple Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It makes awesome Chilli and taco filling when replacing beef (tastes really good when made with various beans and chopped peppers)
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    Turkey gingerbread men?

^This.
  • DanaKinzer
    DanaKinzer Posts: 72
    Options
    Hamburgers, spaghetti, mix with equal parts extra lean hamburger meat and a bit of pork sausage (for taste) and make a meatloaf, meatballs, Stuffed mini meatloaves. turkey and rice...

Just about anything you'd make with hamburger meat, you can make with ground/minced turkey.
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    ground turkey: spaghetti, meatballs, tacos, meatloaf, turkey burgers, casseroles, etc. Use it inplace of hamburger for anything!! You cant even tell most of the time.
  • hapemopirate
    hapemopirate Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I like making Mexican lasagna with ground turkey. Make the turkey with low sodium taco seasoning, and add some tomato paste and tomato sauce (or salsa works) . . . just to make it smooth like pasta sauce would be. I also like to add onion, jalapeno, chopped black olives, etc. Whatever you have and like. In another bowl, mix low-fat cottage cheese (the 2-cup tub) with a cup of low-fat shredded taco cheese blend. I also add an egg to help it set up in the oven. In a 9x13 baking dish, crush tortilla chips to make the bottom layer. Put your turkey/tomato mixture on top, followed by the cottage cheese. Top the whole thing with another layer of shredded cheese and crushed tortilla chips. Cover the dish with foil, and bake for about 30 mins at 350 F. It's really good!!
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Sloppy joes, meatloaf, burgers (add any kinds of veggies you have around - spinach, finely chopped mushrooms and fresh garlic are awesome). I'm sure you could try a strogranoff kind of thing. "Try" being the operative word here.
  • gbgirl06
    gbgirl06 Posts: 3
    Options
    I use ground turkey for anything you would use ground hamburger meat...spaghetti, tacos, chili, etc!
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Thanks - i'll let you guys know how it goes

nik
  • Lizzzarrrd
    Options
    Turkey Burgers! Try adding in chopped garlic, onions and mushrroms, red bell peppers....really anything. They are delicious on the grill!
  • deb1130
    deb1130 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Here's my favorite thing to do with ground turkey:

Saute some onion (I use a whole small one, chopped), add a pound of crumbled ground turkey & cook until it's no longer pink. Then, add a 10-ounce box of frozen spinach (thawed) or several large handsful of raw spinach. Cook until heated through. Add a tiny bit of nutmeg, a chopped clove of garlic and some Parmesan cheese & cook for a couple more minutes & serve. It's awesome just like this, or you can put it over some sort of whole grain like brown rice or quinoa. It's also good in a tortilla or wrap.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    My favorite recipe for ground turkey
    1lb ground turkey add 1/2 cup low sodium tomato juice
    1 cup shredded cauliflower 1/2 small onion chopped
    1/2package of frozen spinash mix all together
    cut 2 green peppers in half remove seeds, stuff meat
    mixture into peppers place in baking dish with 1/4 cup low sodium tomato
    juice, sprinkle 1 tlbs of parmasan cheese on top and bake for 45 min
    on 350.
  • rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I make meatloaf..add some eggs, wholewheat breadcrumbs and spices
  • LuciaSkinnyJeans
    Options
    You can combine with your favorite spices (we use salt, pepper, onion, parsley) , roll into balls and bake in the oven, then pour over or dip in Frank's red hot - for your own version of "Guilt Free Wings!" Serve with celery, carrots, etc.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I like to freeze it into individual servings for easy grabbing, so I tend to just throw the frozen patty on the George Foreman grill and make a turkey burger.

Today I grilled the patty with some ground pepper and added a slice of Laughing Cow (well, a similar brand) cheese, salsa, and a few tortilla chips on the side.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    add a little spice
    some feta cheese
    some onion

make turkey burgers! YUMMMY!