too lazy to cook

Options
syiyi
syiyi Posts: 341 Member
Ugh!!! I love food but the kitchen hates me.. I just never have the energy to cook... HELP

Replies

• Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    im quite hungry and i cant be bothered to cook either..
    thats why i settle for things like the high carb dinner that was made, instead fo saying its ok il make myself something.
    and why for lunch i couldnt be bothered to make myself a sandwich, etc so i just munched on some cake that was on the side..
    damn this lazyness
  • soifua
    soifua Posts: 82
    Options
    you can try to make friends with your slow cooker ... since it's summer and very hot I'm trying more crock pot recipes, this website is great ... http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

so far everything I've made has been yummy
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Crockpot recipes are the best! Few minutes to prep in the morning (basically throwing everything in the crockpot) then set to low for 8 hrs and come back later for a yummy dinner, already made! Not only that, for my husband and I, crockpot recipes yield anywhere from 8-12 servings, so I can divide into individual containers for easy reheating or even freeze for future meals. I can message you with my favorite, easy recipes if you'd like. Or you can try the links below for ideas. Hope this helps~

http://allrecipes.com/recipes/main-dish/slow-cooker/
    http://www.crock-pot.com/Recipes.aspx
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Real sorry, but the only thing for this is to just suck it up and do it. No trickety tricks. Just go make something.
  • skeele
    skeele Posts: 72
    Options
    I need a slow cooker!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • LexyDawn
    LexyDawn Posts: 113
    Options
    I'd try cooking large batches of food for a whole week, or for freezing and reheating... it still involves cooking but you could probably do it once a week instead of every day. If you made things like chili, curries, casseroles or soup.... you could even do some of these in a slow cooker. Then you could supplement the hot cooked meals with things that don't require cooking: sandwiches, fresh fruit and veggies, protein bars, nuts etc...
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Real sorry, but the only thing for this is to just suck it up and do it. No trickety tricks. Just go make something.

Totally agree. We all have things we don't like to do or don't want to do, but we need to.
    As stated in previous posts, Crockpots/slow cookers can become your best friend. SO EASY to use.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I'd try cooking large batches of food for a whole week, or for freezing and reheating... it still involves cooking but you could probably do it once a week instead of every day. If you made things like chili, curries, casseroles or soup.... you could even do some of these in a slow cooker. Then you could supplement the hot cooked meals with things that don't require cooking: sandwiches, fresh fruit and veggies, protein bars, nuts etc...

I agree, I cook enough to get multiple meals. More for time than laziness since I actually like to cook, I just hate cleaning up.
  • dyanneg
    dyanneg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My advice to you is to make the slow cooker your new BFF. :-)

Thanks to those who posted the slow cooker recipe sites - I can always use them!! Be blessed!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Wow people, way to be supportive. Apparently some people have never felt this way before?

To the OP, slow cooker is a great idea. Also, take one afternoon, like on a weekend, and cook like crazy, then you can be off the hook for the rest of the week. Find recipes that freeze well, portion them out, then in the morning all you have to do is grab something out of the freezer for lunch/dinner. If that doesn't work either, make friends with salads and sandwiches, stuff that is easy to throw together without having to use a stove or oven. The more you plan, the better decisions you can make! Good luck!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options

Yes! Just pick one day on the weekend when you can make a big batch of something to put in the freezer. Even if you just cook up a bunch of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, you can pull them out of the freezer as you need them. Dice them up over a big pile of salad greens for a protein packed salad, make a chicken sandwich, cut onions & peppers & some cooked chicken into strips for a quick fajita, dice up with your favorite veggies for a quick strir fry.....
  • Danelectro83
    Options
    I make alot of soups from time to time and my fav by far is leek and potato. it also helps that i am going to school to be a chef. when trying to avoid ready made meals i will cook large meals divide them up into containers and eat those insted. it dose suck somtimes to find yourself eating the same thing for dinner 3 days in a row but it dose take away from those high carb microwave foods and with this you can also control your sodium intake better.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you really aren't going to cook, maybe try to buy low sodium canned or frozen foods and instant whole grains. Most of these take no more work than a frozen prepared meal but can have tons more veggies. A bag of mixed veggies added to instant brown rice or whole grain couscous can be prepared in a couple of minutes and be very nutritious. Or if your local grocery has a salad bar take advantage of this to get prechopped fresh veggies for wraps, salads or stir frys. Some fresh veggies, hummus and a low carb wrap can be a healthy nutritious meal with no cooking. You can also buy precooked chicked breasts (watch the sodium content!). A can of low sodium black or red beans, chopped onion and peppers (you can get these frozen) and some instant brown rice with cajun seasonings can be a delicious and nutritious meal that just needs heated.

If you are going for frozen meals, check the labels for proper nutirtion and whole grains. Kashi makes some very good frozen meals.
  • syiyi
    Options
    Thx for the suggestions, I guess i'll have to buy a slow cooker..
  • nikkidee1983
    Options
    There's always Lean Cuisine and Smart Ones which you pop in the microwave for a couple minutes.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    There's always Lean Cuisine and Smart Ones which you pop in the microwave for a couple minutes.

These are low cal but not always very nutritious. Be sure to read the labels.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    It really doesn't take much more time to pop a salmon steak in the microwave with a dash of lemon juice and some pepper, and throw some salad leaves in a bowl with some olive oil, balsamic vinegar and some seasonings...
  • syiyi
    Options
    It really doesn't take much more time to pop a salmon steak in the microwave with a dash of lemon juice and some pepper, and throw some salad leaves in a bowl with some olive oil, balsamic vinegar and some seasonings...

this sounds easy! fast! and yummy :)
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Not willing to do what it takes to achieve a goal? You can just do a raw foods diet then which consists of cooking nothing. The only way your gonna know what your getting is if you make it yourself from the basics of meat, veggies , fruits, grains, dairy. I pretty much refuse to eat anything that is processed and isn't what it says it is. My hamburgers say Hamburger in the ingredient and nothing else. That's the path to clean eating. Are you too lazy to do what you know is the right thing? Your call.