Wish the rain would stop....

wedjul05
wedjul05 Posts: 472
edited September 29 in Fitness and Exercise
....as I want to head out for a 1hr walk. So frustrating. Come on rain.....STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All dressed and ready to go.

Replies

• JPayne53
    JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
    You can send it my way... we can't get the FIRES to stop! Pray for NM!!!
  • wedjul05
    It's little wonder Ireland is so green! Ah think it is easing off, will send the big dark clouds your way so!
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    I know how you feel!! Yesterday it was too cold to go swimming and I REALLY wanted to work out. The day before that was the same thing but it was raining too!
  • jonikeffer
    jonikeffer Posts: 218 Member
    Here in Portland (Oregon, USA) we can't let rain stop us. We get about as much as you do in Ireland I'd guess. Just put on a rain slicker and go! :happy:
  • wedjul05
    I have my rain coat on (which is what you must call a rain slicker!) but i'm not a huge fan of getting wet! Call me a wuss!!!!!!! And my other excuse is that I wear glasses and when they get wet, I cannot see where I am going. Health and safety issue.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    I wish it would rain here!
  • rainbowbuggy
    rainbowbuggy Posts: 320
    Texas could sure use some! Send it our way! Its very hot and humid here :mad:
  • run/walk in the rain. like a kid would. it's awesome.
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    The only time I don't go out for a run is if there is lightning about. I love to run in the rain (especially a light summer one). Could you not walk with a rain suit or an umbrella?
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Send them to Texas!!! Pretty much the whole state banned fireworks because of this effing drought. >:(((((
  • wedjul05
    Wish I could spread the rain love to other area's, we get enough of it here in summer time.

Went for the walk in the end, got drenched but it was all good. Squelchy feet, had to take glasses off as they were soaked, hence I ended up in loads of puddles. I'm showered, fed and watching TV with my hubby.

Reckon I earned a few extra calories for that walk.
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    i went for a walk/jog in the rain aswell (am in uk). i got absolutely soaked but felt great after and really pleased i didnt let the rain stop me
This discussion has been closed.