More info please on Jillian Michaels 30 day shred...

Options
2»

Replies

• 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    It depends on how hard you push. I burn around 250 in the 20 minutes and the wife around 200 when we are pushing it pretty hard. Its a mix of strength, cardio, and abs so its less calories burned than doing straight cardio for 20 minutes, but its a good all over workout. We are halfway through and can see and feel differences in thighs, stomach, back, arms.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I would say its more effective if you do it consistently, every day or near everyday. Its still a good workout to do occasionally if you don't have time for other workouts, can't get to the gym or outside, short on time, etc. The best results would be seen with consistency and building strength and endurance through the 3 levels.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    30 day shred changed my body and view of fitness. I started doing it with running from nov-feb lost 19lbs and plenty of inches. Its a great dvd.
  • jwerman
    jwerman Posts: 176
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the info!
    I am looking forward to the burn, knowing that it's an intense but short workout is nice too! We have a friend who is letting us borrow the dvd...so maybe we can start tomorrow! ( Also good to know about Jillian's voice...LOL...glad I have itunes!)