56 pounds and funny story

jllipson
jllipson Posts: 646
edited September 29 in Success Stories
I stepped on the scale last week and saw that I had lost 56 pounds. My oldest daughter is around 47 pounds, she was trying to figure out in her mind how much that was, so I told her that it was what she weighed, plus what her sister weighed after she was born. Of course a 5 year old - "but mommy, you need to lose what she is now, not what she was then!" Love my girls! My response: "It takes time, I will get there before long." Hers: "well we might be bigger by then." Oh the challenges! Good thing I have a lot more to lose than they are likely to gain by that time!
The younger one is around 37 pounds right now, so will need to lose close to 90 (by the time I get that far) to lose the equivalent of them both! :love:

Replies

• SkimosGirl
    SkimosGirl Posts: 13
    Kids are so funny :) I feel like I could write a novel with the quotes my daughters come up with and they are only 3 and 4! Congrats on your success and here's to more of it :drinker:
  • PinUpMommy
    PinUpMommy Posts: 94
    Awesome job!! And don't you love kids? LOL
  • dida0721
    dida0721 Posts: 107 Member
    My girls keep me grounded as well. I am so inspired by your success. I just started in June and I am only 4 pounds down so far. Its good to hear successes like yours. Keep it up!
  • cjwolfjen
    cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
    That is so great. I know it must feel so good to be down 56 lbs. I'm down 25 and feeling great.
  • TRADE YOUR KIDS IN for lighter ones :laugh: Great story loved it, be thankful there not adults yet PHEW!!!!
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Great job!

I had to haul in a 35 lb container of litter into the house yesterday, and couldn't believe what a struggle it was. Kind of weird that that amount (plus more) used to be on my body and I WAS ok with it.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Awesome job!!
  • Stacey661
    Stacey661 Posts: 15
    Too funny! So hard to explain... :)

I compare my weight loss goals to how much my kids weigh too. It really puts it in perspective to compare it to someone that weighs as much as you want to lose... Congratulations, and keep up all the great work! I hope to stop carrying around my 11 year old in extra weight by next year too!
  • blessedmomof8
    blessedmomof8 Posts: 215 Member
    LOL, l love what kids say! Cute story! I use the same thing to show my kids how much I've lost. (In 3 lbs I will have lost as much as my 11 year old.) What I find amazing is I look at my 16 year old and that is how much I will have lost when I am 4 lb away from my goal!

Congratulations on all the loss! :flowerforyou:
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    So cute..kids says the darnest things...
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Wow, that really puts it in perspective when you think about losing more than the weight of one of your children. All of my children are solid and tall so I haven't even lost the 32 lb that the 20 month old weighs!!!!! So happy for you!!!!!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    aww!! Too cute! AND CONGRATS!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!