One for the ladies...

Options
why oh why is it so hard to keep on track at certain times of the month? i've tried to take extra iron and vitamins but nothing seems to change- i am a food machine with no energy to exercise! any tips out there would be greatly appreciated xxx

Replies

• suzitkd
    suzitkd Posts: 110
    Options
    Was wondering this myself yesterday whilst trying to not eat everything in sight... ANY answers would be very appreciated!
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I could probably let you know if about a week. I decided to conduct an experiment to see if I can actually lose weight during TOM. Today is Day 1 (unfortunately) but I managed to weight in .2 lbs less today. :) I am determined to be stronger than my cravings during the next few days!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I got the same way last week (the week before) and I had the same question. I couldn't seem to get enough food (especially carbs).

Here is the answer I found:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/246100-tom-experiment-preliminary-results

Enjoy!
  • Krista59
    Krista59 Posts: 1
    Options
    I personally don't know why this happens but it does. And if you try eating healthy its almost like your body doesn't want it. I think instead of trying to stay on track you give yourself that one day to have a little treat and that will hopefully satisfy your cravings. That's what I do and then I stay away from other foods so I'm not tempted.

Number one thing to do..... stay away from the boyfriend or hubby cause I know their eating habbits rubb off on me.... :(
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    For me - the healthier I ate and the more I exercised and the more loss I had, the easier it all got.
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I have no idea why but I lose weight every time since I started MFP. I'm trying to figure out why but have no clue. I even move less for 1-2 days. I do gentle yoga to help with cramps and to stay somewhat active.