Plateau

Options
What do you all do when you hit a plateau? Workout more? Eat less? Eat more? I just don't know what to do. I am doing a Biggest loser competition and have just two and a half weeks left and have hit a plateau. I'm really trying to lose some more lbs before the end of the competition.

Replies

• dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    You may want to stager your calories.. eat a little more on one day then less the next. If you have been doing the same workout mix that up. Change something so that your body gets out of the rut it is in. I wouldn't say eat less because depending on your current calories you are probably low enough. Most people go too low not too high on their calories.

Good luck !!!
  • jross1408
    jross1408 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    change your workout and eating habits, you have to trick your body.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    i had to start eating back more of my exercise calories to break my plateau.
    the more of them i eat now, the better my weekly losses *S* (most days i now eat back all exercise calories)
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    What do you all do when you hit a plateau? Workout more? Eat less? Eat more? I just don't know what to do. I am doing a Biggest loser competition and have just two and a half weeks left and have hit a plateau. I'm really trying to lose some more lbs before the end of the competition.

How long have you been in plateau?

I would say eat more or zig zag.... have a look here about zig-zagging calories...

but you may not see any effects until after 2 weeks

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
    http://www.naturalphysiques.com/64/zig-zag-calculator-for-fat-loss-andor-muscle-gain
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    i usually wait; because ive been on here 16weeks now and been plateaued 7 of those weeks but still lost my 42lbs (over 2lbs a week averaged, even with not losing nearly half the time).

BUT, seeing as your in a competition you cant just wait it out. How does you sodium look? if its high, lower it. Hows your water intake look? If your drinking any less than half your body weight in ounces a day, drink more!! Do you eat right when you get up? If you dont, try doing that; not eating breakfast sets your metabolism much lower for the day so u burn less. If you always do the same workout, try doing something different for a couple days; try doing it at different times even. Zig zag calories; eat your normal calories one day and next day eat a few hundred more, and then go back down; sometimes your body just needs to kick to convince itself its not starving... Heres a big one for me---eat clean--no processed foods for a couple days to clear your system; fruits/veggies/nuts/rice/lean meats/dry beans (not canned)/etc... dont eat steak it bogs down your system and takes along time for your body to process. eating this way will also make your sodium below 1000mg a day.

im currently in the same type of competition but i have 9weeks left.
  • AJCoombs
    AJCoombs Posts: 16
    Options
    Ok so I haven't been eating back my excersised calories so maybe I can start doing that. What do you all suggest I eat?I don't want to eat a bunch of crap to make that many calories. But I would have to eat alot of fruits and vegetables to make that many calories. More protien? Carbs? A mixtures? I have also thought about zig zagging as well. Thanks for all the input!