New with questions

idauria
idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
edited 10:04AM in Introduce Yourself
Is there a way to change my caloric needs for the day? It set an automatic goal of 1200 calories but I did the BMR calculator and it says I need 1015 cals and if I want to lose weight I need to eat even less than that! So is there any way to change that?

Replies

• HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    i have always been told that you should eat at least 1200 calories a day to remain healthy. maybe change your goal weight or change 2 pounds a week to .5 and see if it gives you more to work with...
  • 21gilly
    21gilly Posts: 5 Member
    Hi,
    i believe that the minimum amount it will allow you to have is 1200, it gives warnings if you go under this, it explains that you are putting your body in starvation mode.
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    My physician told me not to go under 1200. Also, you should exercise to get to your weight loss goals, not starve yourself to get there.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that you are getting started, but dropping your caloric goals to less than 1000 (not even counting the exercise) is already excessive and I think it will doom your diet just because of lack of food.
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    How tall are you and what do you do for work? I am thinking that you may have put in your data incorrectly to get that low of a goal...
  • That is exciting. Congrats.:smile:
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    I guess I should say that I am short, 4'10". I actually fall into the "healthy" range for my height and weight but I have a flabby stomach and hips that I would like to get rid of. In conjunction with regular exercise I want to have a healthy diet in order to be fit and healthy and just be happy with myself.
This discussion has been closed.