For all the ones that have lost lots of weight

Options
I am just curious as to how your body looks after losing a lot of weight. I have alot of weight to lose and I am thinking that I am going to have alot of skin hanging on my tummy after I lose it. After losing the weight do you think I might need a tummy tuck or something like that to get rid of the excess skin. I want to lose the weight no matter what but I also want to look good in a bathing suit to.

Connie

Replies

• connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I am just curious as to how your body looks after losing a lot of weight. I have alot of weight to lose and I am thinking that I am going to have alot of skin hanging on my tummy after I lose it. After losing the weight do you think I might need a tummy tuck or something like that to get rid of the excess skin. I want to lose the weight no matter what but I also want to look good in a bathing suit to.

Connie
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Tone tone tone. That has worked for me so far. 3 kids, 3 c-sections, sit ups sit ups sit ups. When you lose it slow, the "right" way, it really should not be that much of a problem. You are doing an awesome job! Keep it up!:flowerforyou:

(if you want to see how far I have come, look at my profile, the picture of me in the red shirt was this past Christmas, I started this weight loss journey in Jan, I have lost 58 lbs, 43 using this site.)
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • neha_duvvuri
    neha_duvvuri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Not much, but I had lost 12 kgs(26 pounds), earlier. I just used warm packs(coffee n olive oil) regularly for cellulite and used Dove Firming cream. My skin was tight and supple as ever.
    And of course, if its right way(without any pills or anything of that kind), it'll be fine.
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I've lost 91 lbs so far..... my abs DEFINITELY aren't abs of steel.. But it's also not HORRIBLE either.

I have 9 lbs left to lose... and then I will just be focused on more toning and not so much cardio (will still do cardio but wont be my main focus).
  • greeneyes490
    greeneyes490 Posts: 77 Member
    Options

Connie

Hard to say for sure.....how old are you? have you lost alot of weight before? I lost 80 lbs about ten years ago and had no problem at all.....but i was younger and my skin had more rebound to it :).....I have since gained that 80 lbs back and am trying to lose it again but so far I am not anticipating any problems with skin sag......what i would recommend is to make sure to keep your skin hydrated with body creams, lose the weightly slowly (1-2 lbs per week) so that the skin has time to readjust (alot of times sag will happen because weight loss is to quick and the body can't adjust fast enough) and do lots of strength training to keep the muscles under the layer of fat toned and that will help tremendously.....so mabey try to alternate one day of strength training with one day of cardio or something like that......anyways i hope this helped and good luck to you :).....
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I have lost a lot of weight over the last year and there are certain areas I am not completely excited about but at the same time, I have bounced back far better than I would have thought. Besides yo-yo dieting in my 20's which wreaked havoc on my skin, I too have had a baby and c-section.

With that said, I did this the healthy way this time and have done a lot of exercise (cardio AND strength training), so there are certain areas I am focusing on right now (tricep, upper inner thighs, etc) but for the most part I feel good!!
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 100 lbs & I'm finding it's hard to be excited about it when I see my saggy tummy & huge amounts of excess skin. I have been overweight my entire life, so my skin had been stretched & doesn't seem to be bouncing back. I have made an appointment to have a tummy tuck in the Fall in order to take care of the excess & show the results of all my hard work.

I think it's different for everyone. In the end, it's more important that you're healthy :smile:
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    My main worry is my tummy... I have alot of fat there and I have had 3 kids, one 15 mths ago. I havent done any weights yet because I thought that maybe I should try and lose more weight first. I am now 273. I guess I should start then. I want to go to a trainer for a little bit but right now the cost I just cant afford.
    Thank you for all of you that have replied.

Connie
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    It depends on a lot of things including your muscle tone, your skin's elasticity, your age, whether or not you've had kids, and how you carry your weight. I've lost nearly 50 lbs and I do find that I have saggy skin until my arms. It's nothing that I can't live with though. I have small amounts of extra skin almost everywhere else too by I do find that it's tightening up with time. Plastic surgery is always an option though, if you do wind up with a ton of that hangy skin. The important part is to remember that no matter how you look after losing the weight, your health will thank you :flowerforyou:
  • greeneyes490
    greeneyes490 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My main worry is my tummy... I have alot of fat there and I have had 3 kids, one 15 mths ago. I havent done any weights yet because I thought that maybe I should try and lose more weight first. I am now 273. I guess I should start then. I want to go to a trainer for a little bit but right now the cost I just cant afford.
    Thank you for all of you that have replied.

Connie

There are alot of great weight/strength training books and dvd's out there that are much cheaper than a training session.......some of my favorites are jillian micheals series (she really pushes weight excersises etc)...she has dvd's and books......or if you want to go the trainer route then just buy one or two sessions and tell him/her what your goals are and what your concern of sagging skin and have them give you excersises to combat that and then take that info and continue on your own. but I do think starting the weight training now is very important ,that is what will build the muscle underneath the fat so there is a much better structure as you lose weight and will help alot......good luck :)