And this...and that...and there...and right here...

Options
Hokay, I need some help with a few spots...

My favorite thing to do for working out...is everything. If it has a ball, I chase it, if it has wheels I ride or push it, if there is liquid I ride the waves for it and swim it. I try to be an equal amount of any sport I can dream up or play.

However the other day I played with the two other coaches for my son's soccer team, a tough 1000 calorie burn game against the kids. Now my thighs are KILLING me. They hurt bad, look swollen or something. What's wrong with them? Did I over run and need Motrin to calm them down? Did I mess something up and now I'm sworn to thunder...thunder-er thighs? Anyone?

This is different than a strain, a pull, or anything I have had before. Tips would be great here! Thanks goosies.

Replies

• PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Hokay, I need some help with a few spots...

My favorite thing to do for working out...is everything. If it has a ball, I chase it, if it has wheels I ride or push it, if there is liquid I ride the waves for it and swim it. I try to be an equal amount of any sport I can dream up or play.

However the other day I played with the two other coaches for my son's soccer team, a tough 1000 calorie burn game against the kids. Now my thighs are KILLING me. They hurt bad, look swollen or something. What's wrong with them? Did I over run and need Motrin to calm them down? Did I mess something up and now I'm sworn to thunder...thunder-er thighs? Anyone?

This is different than a strain, a pull, or anything I have had before. Tips would be great here! Thanks goosies.
  • neha_duvvuri
    neha_duvvuri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    did you warm up before the game? Just a guess, coz one of my friends is having same problem, today itself.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Advil and a long hot bath. that's great that you got out there - you'll be back to it in no time
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Ohh...good point on the warm up!!! I went from cheer coaching to soccer. I guess I *thought* I was warm enough...But the 15 minute drive between them could have cooled me too much. I just did a Motrin and the warm bath sounds great.

Would/could/or is this maybe a build up of amino acids? Anyone?

Does anyone mind stopping by and helping me off the couch now? LOL
  • fit4fun
    fit4fun Posts: 84
    Options
    I don't know girl, if you are in that much pain, it may require a visit to the doctor. I mean, you are active and healthy enough to know when it's that, "oh yea I am sore but it feels like I did my body good" , or when you feel like you are feeling now. You have to listen to your body, and the swelling worries me. I didn't listen to my knew screaming at me for about 3 days, and kept going and going, next thing I know, I haven't even been able to push a grocery cart without being in pain. Now I have a torn meniscus, and am sidelined from working out for I don't know how long.

It could be a build up of lactic acid. Lots of water, elevate, probably would call a doc, if they don't improve or start feeling worse. Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Songbyrd would know better but it sounds like you have over exercised and that can cause a build-up of lactic acid in your muscles. I think some light exercise will help, like a slow relaxing swim, and other than that, just a little down-time. A massage can also help move the acid out of your muscles.
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Oh that's what I mean!!!! Lactic Acid! LOL I knew it was something acid. I so need to just rub them down then, soak, Motrin, and WATERWATERWATER!

I have been so busy I forget the simple stuff! Thanks all!