Drink to Good Health

Options
Who knew something as simple as diet soda could cause such a stir?

Recent findings suggest there is no link between weight gain and diet soda consumption, while other findings contradict that assessment.

This kind of conflicting information leaves thirsty dieters wondering what to wash down all that healthy food with.

And while it’s true that drinking diet soda may (or may not) have an effect (one way or the other) on weight, the bottom line remains: The best drink for everyone is good old H2O.

Sugary or not, carbonated beverages are so ubiquitous in our society that they’ve managed to all but edge out water as the beverage of choice for most people. You may pass up the water cooler for the vending machine more than once a day.

Whether you’re choosing a diet soda or a can full of calories is arguably less important than how to convince you to go for the water instead (or at least more often).

Water does more than just quench thirst. It’s vital for hydration, making it an indispensable tool for exercisers. It promotes weight loss and can help people consume fewer calories overall, aids digestion, relieves fatigue, and generally improves health.

Here are a few quick tricks for getting your 8 glasses (or more!) a day:
• Add a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime juice for a kick of flavor.
• Drink it cold; it goes down easier.
• Drink water before getting a snack, and then reevaluate your hunger.
• Keep your water bottle on you at all times and sip throughout the workday.
• If sipping isn’t your style, schedule times to chug a glass or two all at once.
• Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits with a high water content. These include carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, watermelon, and apples.

Replies

• SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Yep, you have it right!

I find that the best is to find a natural flavoring that you love & put that into your water. I use Organic Peppermint Extract in my water & I find that I drink 3 or more times the water with it than without it! :bigsmile:

4581915.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i want to push the like button! LOL. :drinker:<water with a little lime! my drink of choice, unless of course i have a bunch of cals left over then i might enjoy a can full of calories. i also have the occasional energy drink, full cal (which is usually a red bull {110 cal} i had my old favorite yesterday which was an original(green) monster and it was only 200 cals for the entire can (16oz?) not bad for the jolt of energy you get, and no sodium in the monster either.