Again! who is single here?

Options

Replies

• Janeway72
    Options
    I've been single for 7 years now and I hate it.
  • perne11
    perne11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Single!!!
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Still as single as a few weeks ago :)
  • lisafred24
    lisafred24 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm not single... I'm independently owned and operated.

:o)

Love it.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Single, and great at it! But would quite like that to change.

Ditto here! :bigsmile:
  • JeremiahStone
    JeremiahStone Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Being 'single' isn't a bad thing. I'm in a commited relationship w/God, He's my ROCK! He sends me flowers every spring..thinks about me every second of His day..knows me better than anyone, & still loves me even though I'm not perfect..& it's been the BEST relationship I've ever had. The right person will come along when it's meant to happen. :) 1 day @ a time. BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF YOU IN YOUR WEIGHT LOSS!!! I'm so proud of my MFP friends for all the inches you have lost! YOU ARE ALL WONDERFUL PEOPLE & I'M SUPER HAPPY TO KNOW YOU (regardless of your relationship status, lol)! *hugs & love* ~Sarrah
    This!
  • Staci920
    Staci920 Posts: 17
    Options
    Newly single as of last week. Starting to realize what a bullet I dodged by getting out of that!!
  • theMightyAnt
    Options
    Just looking for the right person, not just anyone ;-)
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Single! Someone should set up a MFP night. It would be cool to meet MFP friends in person (that live nearby, obviously)
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Newly single. Just got out of a bad 6.5 year relationship n i have never been happier... & more sane... in my life. :o)
    it couldnt been that bad it lasted almost 7 yrs.. got a question! what makes a good relationship?

I'd like to hear this from a guy's perspective too! I think you need to answer your own question, Critical!!

I can answer that.

Trust. Frienship. HONESTY. COMMUNICATION. Similar goals/desires in life. Attraction/Good sex (gotta be compatible).

These things are fluid...sometimes one becomes more important than the other...other times it will be something else. But they are all mandatory really.
    like:)
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Newly single. Just got out of a bad 6.5 year relationship n i have never been happier... & more sane... in my life. :o)
    it couldnt been that bad it lasted almost 7 yrs.. got a question! what makes a good relationship?

I'd like to hear this from a guy's perspective too! I think you need to answer your own question, Critical!!

I can answer that.

Trust. Frienship. HONESTY. COMMUNICATION. Similar goals/desires in life. Attraction/Good sex (gotta be compatible).

These things are fluid...sometimes one becomes more important than the other...other times it will be something else. But they are all mandatory really.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

I can answer that.

It's just the truth hun...lol.

Now, if only I could find someone who fit all eight criteria....I'd be set, lol. I should have added a ninth though...that being integrity. I've never quit on a relationship in my life...and believe me...that sucks a WHOLE lot more than it sounds.

Anyway, on a related note...here's an exercise I learned years and years ago. Spend a couple days...being brutally honest with yourself...and consider what it would be like to date...yourself. Think about your actions throughout the day as an outsider looking in. Are you honest...clingy...distant...? Do you tell many little white lies to get through the day? Are you available...both emotionally and physically...? Do you keep promises (any time you say you'll do something, its an implied promise)? Are you selfish...even in small things? How do you spend your time? Are you generous...both with that time, as well as emotionally? Do you put others before yourself? Are you true to your own personal morals? Would those morals be acceptable to others?

Basically, what exactly does it mean...to be you...?...and is that person really worth being with...?

Man, I need to stop posting when I can't sleep lol...
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options

It's just the truth hun...lol.

Now, if only I could find someone who fit all eight criteria....I'd be set, lol. I should have added a ninth though...that being integrity. I've never quit on a relationship in my life...and believe me...that sucks a WHOLE lot more than it sounds.

Anyway, on a related note...here's an exercise I learned years and years ago. Spend a couple days...being brutally honest with yourself...and consider what it would be like to date...yourself. Think about your actions throughout the day as an outsider looking in. Are you honest...clingy...distant...? Do you tell many little white lies to get through the day? Are you available...both emotionally and physically...? Do you keep promises (any time you say you'll do something, its an implied promise)? Are you selfish...even in small things? How do you spend your time? Are you generous...both with that time, as well as emotionally? Do you put others before yourself? Are you true to your own personal morals? Would those morals be acceptable to others?

Basically, what exactly does it mean...to be you...?...and is that person really worth being with...?

Man, I need to stop posting when I can't sleep lol...

This is brilliant! I'm definitely going to go through a thorough self-dianosis now before my next serious relationship :smile: Thanks for posting this!
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    That was an excellent post Cris!

I've kinda been going through that myself recently...
  • RachelH25
    RachelH25 Posts: 108
    Options
    Good for you! I"m not single but have many days I wish I was! :smile:
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    great post Cris :)
  • marcyrebecca
    Options
    That sounds interesting. I'm going to try it too ;)
  • nataly167
    Options
    Single... but nothing is permanent:)
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    single as one can be
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    single as one can be