Howdy!

Options
:drinker:

I'm new. After weight watchers (which worked while I followed it but grew tiresome), here I am. I'd welcome friends with concrete strategies for yummy low-cal foods; ideas for busy people; anyone who loves the Dallas Cowboys; New Orleans Jazz; Harry Connick Jr; and/or their kids! Oh! As the beer drinking smiley indicates, I have to manage my liquor consumption so tips on that are good too!

Replies

• Danelectro83
    Options
    Im with you on the beer part, i love a good Ale with dinner but at 200 cal each and lord knows how maney carbs it can get to me too. i recintly finish a Nutrition class in college as part of my degree and from what i learned, beer is ok in moderation. According to the food pirimid/ food plate what ever they are going with these days 1 beer for women and 2 for men is an exceptibal amount. i find dark beers to be better since, well they taste better. not a big light beer drinker.
  • Justloostenpounds
    Options
    I love the beer and wine too! The way I enjoy it is not to deprive myself and say...Highly effective when very rarely used. So enjoy a good beer- just don't over do it. I always look at my schedule to see whats coming up, and if their is a social gathering I use my calories on that night.
  • bluevwgurl
    bluevwgurl Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!! I tried WW also, but found it too hard to mesh it with family. You will find alot of support on this website, and a ton of info. I am fairly new at it myself, but feel inspired! :-) Good Luck!!! Feel free to "friend me" if you'd like.