If John Can Do It, I Can Too :-)

melachick
melachick Posts: 1 Member
edited September 29 in Introduce Yourself
Yesterday I had several friends over to my home to celebrate the 4th of July. One of them, John, had lost 101 pounds with the help of this website!!! Way to go John!!! If he can do it, so can I!! But do I start now??? Or after I get rid of all the leftovers that didn't get eaten? :-)

Replies

• photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    I'd say start now, while the motivation is there... eat normally if you'd like, including the 4th of July leftovers, but track it. This will give you a good jump start on identifying what you need to change. You may even find yourself starting to make choices about the 4th of July leftovers once you see them on paper. :wink:
  • thealbinofox
    thealbinofox Posts: 7 Member
    Seriously I chuckled when I read your message. I have had this debate many times over the years.... I will start after the junk food is gone... I will start on Monday. The truth is it has to be your decision. For me, I have to change the way I think. My suggestion to you is to start now! Some of the left overs you probably shouldn't eat, some of them you may be able to keep and eat them in moderation. You will find that the goals on mfp (myfitnesspal), is to track your intake of calories and also to keep them in balance between fats/carbs/proteins. Good luck with your goals!
  • No better time then the present. I had a simmilar experience, my uncle who i had not seen in a year was in town for the 4th and had lost what seemed to be 60-80 lb's. i was at a loss for words and wanted to know what diet pills he was useing cause they were working. he told me he wasent useing any pills at all and he used this app for phone (BTW if you have a smart phone get this app, it alow you easy accses when not around a comp and its a free DL for android market at least). Welcome to MFP and im sure you will have as much sucess as your friend John.
  • solrak1969
    solrak1969 Posts: 92 Member
    Right now.
This discussion has been closed.