Green Tea- amazing and amazing for you :)

Options
So I have always loved green tea but i just found out that it can be really good for you in weight loss and I wanted to share it with you. So for a cup of green tea with no milk or sugar is 0 calories! I know its like drinking water but tastes better :) I like to have some milk and sugar in it so my green tea is usually around 17 calories..... I also want to list some of the health benefits.

Skin
After starting to drink green tea i noticed my skin was getting better and better. Turns out green tea is excellent for your skin because it has antitoxins that eliminate the bad oils in your skin. Your skin will be glowing, even toned and soft :)

Belly Fat
In a study researchers found that if you drink 2 cups of coffee a day and you replace that with green tea you can lose up to 10 lbs in 6 weeks. It is a sort of natural laxative that flushes all excess water out of your body. Green tea can also reduce cravings for different foods.

Health
Green tea not only helps your skin and belly fat but also your health. It is shown to reduce cholesterol levels.... I am not an expert in health but i am pretty sure lower cholesterol is better :P

Green tea comes in different forms. you can get green tea in pill form or just drink it ( I like to drink it) It also comes in concentrated diet pills which can contain up to 3 cups in one pill which is pretty awesome. So overall green tea is just really good for you and yummy... so go grab a cup of green tea and reek the awesome benefits :D

Replies

• kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    great information, thanks!
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    If you like green tea...

boil some fresh ginger root in about six cups water (I usually cut off four or five thin slices). Place three or four green tea bags in, remove from heat and cover. Let steep for at least an hour. Remove ginger and tea bags. Sweeten with a little agave nectar and pour over ice.

SO YUMMY. I love ginger green tea. :)
  • blpope
    blpope Posts: 163
    Options
    Thanks for this, I love green tea!
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info and the green tea ginger recipe..sounds yummy!
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    There's more!

Green tea boosts metabolism.
    Green tea has tons of cancer fighting antioxidants.
    Green tea has been proven to help muscle recovery after workouts!

I drink at least 1 10z glass of FRESH BREWED green tea daily. You don't get nearly as much benefit from that bottled crap in the store.
  • ajfranzen77
    ajfranzen77 Posts: 118
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I will have to try that, maybe replace a cup of green tea for a cup of coffee each day. I refuse to give up all my coffee in the morning! LOL
  • fitev
    fitev Posts: 41
    Options
    thanks for sharing; i love green tea; it's good to see that it continues to be good for you. =)
  • tusher2011
    tusher2011 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Is there a certain brand of green tea you guys recommend. It's on my shopping list for tomorrow!!:) I've heard about the benefits of it but never really looked into it before...
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I was ecstatic to find out that black tea also has great benefits, similar to green tea. More caffeine, of course, which some are trying to avoid, but it's definitely got its redeeming qualities! :drinker:
  • mschickiepoo
    mschickiepoo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Stash offers several flavours of green tea as well, I love their chai green tea :) I have replaced my morning Tim Horton's coffee with one extra large cup of this in the morning, on my way to work.
  • ziggy67
    ziggy67 Posts: 351
    Options
    I second that and I drink nothing but green tea and water.....To those in the UK Jacksons speciality teas are selling it for half price at the moment in Tesco...they do one with lemon too which is very refreshing.