eating out?

Options
So, my husband works in another state and so we stay in a hotel ALL week... so I have to eat out EVERYDAY... I am doing good with weight loss... but I was wondering if anyonne had any good suggestions on what to eat at fastfood .

Replies

• CharNordie
    CharNordie Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    subway!!!! any one of the low cal, low fat varieties. with all the veggies. no cheese, no mayo. but i love the sweet onion sauce!!! mmmm
  • summysum
    summysum Posts: 1
    Options
    Try the oatmeal at Mcdonalds? It has apples and raisins and it tastes good!
  • angelaclev
    angelaclev Posts: 95
    Options
    Lol, other than subway.. that is a give me...lol... i have that EVERY SINGLE day....lol. i love it though...
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Look up the restaurant you are going to BEFORE you go. If it's a chain restaurant, the nutritional information will be provided online. Look through the menu and decide what you want to eat before you go, so you know how many calories to expect. Also, if your hotel has a mini-bar or fridge, you can pick up some things to make some meals from the hotel.

I'm traveling this week and staying at a hotel, but I got a loaf of bread, peanut butter and jelly, turkey and cheese, along with some strawberries, yogurt, and cottage cheese to help replace some meals and for snacks.
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Most places have nutrition information online. That's what I do when I know we'll be out and stuck eating out. I check out different places and plan for wherever we may go. It makes it easy and to help keep myself on track, I enter in what I plan to get on here. I'm lazy and wouldn't want to come back and change it because I ordered something else... works for me :)
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    subway and.. oh subway!

Oh saw your post... chinese places would be good if you have a stir fry and hold the sauces, plus get brown rice and sauteed chicken with it.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    If you eat out that much, I would invest in the Eat This, Not That book series. They have a list of the best and worst choices at many national fast food and restaurant chains. It's my eating out bible. Their website is amazing too!
  • CharNordie
    CharNordie Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    try the grilled chicken classic from mcdonald's and a side salad, with water. leave your dressing on the side and dip your fork in the dressing before you take a bite, then you only get enough dressing for flavour not enough to ruin your diet!!
  • angelaclev
    angelaclev Posts: 95
    Options
    Lol, that is pretty much what I do now... thanks for all the help guys
  • BuddhaBabeee
    BuddhaBabeee Posts: 105
    Options
    Oh yes, McDonalds oatmeal is AMAZING. Also Applebees has weight watchers meals under 500 calories.
  • Pink_turnip
    Pink_turnip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Bad *kitten* jacks (also known as wrapper jacks) is really good. they have wraps and stirfrys and what not.
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell has a diet menu..Itts pretty good!!
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    If you're hitting up a tacobell you can try the fresco menu options, they're pretty satisftying and flavorful. I personally like the chicken soft tacos and they're only 150 calories each (I usually only eat two).
    Also Chick-fil-A has a grilled chicken meal, and you have the option of changing out your fries for a fruit salad and the light lemonade or water are good beverage choices.
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    At most restaurants I stick to grilled chicken, steak, or broiled/baked fish with a side of veggies (no butter).... I've had good results! :flowerforyou:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Does the hotel room have a fridge/microwave? If so I'd do sandwiches, salads, weight watchers or lean cusine frozen dinners, really the possiblities are endless...you could take a trip to a local grocery store everyday to get what you need for each day (all the hotels I've stayed in will bring you a mini fridge and microwave if you ask)

If you want to eat out though subway is a good choice, even mcdonalds salads or snack size wraps are okay. Edo japan is awesome you can get sushi or kids sized sukiyaki beef for fairly low calories.

Just watch your sodium though!!
  • hugginsc
    hugginsc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Kfc grilled chicken and Green beans are quite tasty.
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    If there's a Panera close by, it's pretty good. Fast food-wise, I really like Kentucky Fried Chicken's *grilled* chicken with a side of green beans.
  • 1973Tara
    1973Tara Posts: 3
    Options
    Coming from someone who LOVES to eat out...but....not the waist line that comes with it....I am very diligent in looking (as others have mentioned) at the nutritional information on line before we go. I will check out a couple restaurants to see which one has better options. I've been doing this for over a year now so I pretty much know what to have at most of the places we go. Not to say that I don't enjoy the odd slice of pizza with wings......
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Oh. Never mind.
  • BranMuffin21
    BranMuffin21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Grab a cooler , fill with ice and if possible buy just a 'few' frozen dinners (as long as they have a micro which most have) and nuke dinners. You can keep fresh fruit and veggies and try to have 'cold dinners' like sandwiches. I don't know if this helps much but maybe an idea other than eating out all the time. Can cut a lot of calories.