hello!

Options
I've had the myfitnesspal app on my phone for about 4 months and just discovered the forums through the website. Couldn't have come at a better time - I am doing a weight loss challenge with some coworkers and desperately need some motivation!

A little about me: I'm 23 years old, and have always struggled with my weight. My problem really began after I graduated high school and quit playing sports. The college freshmen 15 turned into 40, and then I got married and stopped making time to work out, along with too many meals away from home due to hectic work schedules and thinking it was just easier to go out to eat, rather than cooking. My wakeup call came when I started having health problems due to being so overweight, and the desire to start a family and not being healthy enough to safely have kids. I have tried food diaries in the past, but never stuck to them because it was tedious and I hated carrying around a notebook. The myfitnesspal mobile app saved me. I have logged my calorie intake and exercise for over 70 days, which is by far the longest I have ever stuck with something like this.

So far, I'm down 30 lbs since I first started, but there's a long road ahead of me still!

Replies

• purplecait1212
    Options
    Congrats on your success and best of luck to you as you continue the journey!
    Forums on here are great - very informative and they keep you going! Add some friends and that really helps to see others on the same path as you.
    Friend request on the way :)
  • tkrallman
    tkrallman Posts: 29
    Options
    I can't really say welcome can I? lol Since you've been at this for 70 days. The motivation I have found here is totally wonderful.

I love the application and the website. Congratulations on the 30 pounds! What an amazing start.

You can add me if you'd like..... tkrallman