energy/weightloss supplements

Options
I am always feeling to tired to workout. i got to school, yes even during summer im taking classes and i work where im sedetary the whole time. I always feel to tired to workout. Have any of you had any luck with pills or supplements?

Replies

• melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    It's hard but honestly DOING the exercise will give you more energy and it does carry over from day to day once it's part of your routine.

I'm a mom, wife and nursing student so I get being tired but the workouts HELP that. I do 30 min 5-6 days a week.
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    Generally speaking - and I'm sure others are going to agree; they're a waste. Look into multivitamins and having a clean diet. I used to drag, work nights in a stressful environment, but I made going to the gym fun and my place to get away. Put on your gym clothes. Tell yourself you're going to go for 15 minutes. If you think negative about the gym then you're not going to want to work out. Maybe try a fun class, ie zumba or some other cardio/aerobic
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I'd try some other stuff before you start taking pills, it would be better to workbout why you font have much energy and address that:
    - are you eating enough? You might not be getting enough calories
    - are you eating fresh fruit and veggies? I always feel better when my diet includes lots of fresh produce
    - have you had a medical lately? I used to be tired all thevtimw and found out that I was B12 deficient. Only a bloodctest will tell you if there is something you are lacking
    - can you workout in the morning? I never feel likeceorkjng out later in the day but if I go first thing in the morning it's easier and them I'm full of bounce for the day
  • TrevaNadreau
    TrevaNadreau Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Are you taking anything now? If not, start with a good multi-vitamin... not some grocery store brand, but something from one of the health stores in your area... I also take Omega 3-6-9 for a variety of health benefits. Currently I'm also taking Fireball Inferno-CLA from Vitamin World... it's a thermogenic fat burner using mostly natural ingredients... I find that it gives me enough of a boost without leaving me jittery and panicking...
  • rachellepilcher
    Options
    I agree with everyone else...I tried some things but I feel better without it
  • deewildwoman
    deewildwoman Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am currently taking B12, which does seem to give me more energy. The exercise itself also gives me a burst of energy. If I am tired when I get home from work, if I will just go and exercise, I feel much better. Got to love it when the endorphins start flying!
  • monoxidechick
    Options
    I have been packing my workout clothes to work with me, and then if I dont workout with coworkers, I still change and then when I get home I am already changed and dont have an excuse to not push play or go to the gym.

Once I sit down it is a huge struggle and argument with myself to get back up, so I try not to sit down. Once I workout the energy is back for the rest of the activities for the evening!!!

Just do it and see how you feel.
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I take vitamin code. It has plenty of b 12 which we need. My doctor suggest it. Its made from raw vegetables. Works for me! Been on it since february. Check it out on line.