HRM

Options
I am hoping to get a HRM by Christmas (or for Christmas rather) and I hear Polar is very good.

But, how does it work? Do you put it on, press a button and it tells you how long you worked out and how many calories burn? Is it really that easy or more complicated?

I don't think I've seen this question before, but if it's been asked I am sorry. :blushing:

Replies

• raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to get a HRM by Christmas (or for Christmas rather) and I hear Polar is very good.

But, how does it work? Do you put it on, press a button and it tells you how long you worked out and how many calories burn? Is it really that easy or more complicated?

I don't think I've seen this question before, but if it's been asked I am sorry. :blushing:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Pretty much that's it.

There are a few more "user settings" buttons at the beginning (you need to enter your weight, sex, etc. . .)

But, they are really user friendly.
  • akwhite
    akwhite Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I got a Nike HRM on ebay last week and only paid a little over $50 for a new one in the box. Works really well and is easy to figure out. My sisters have the Polar ones and like them too. Good luck!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options

That's what I'm getting for Christmas, too, Rain....Santa better make a lot of 'em this year. I see them on everyone's wish list!:smile:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I have a Reebok HRM.
    I set up my user profile once when I first got it. Age, weight, height, sex, etc.
    Now, I put on the chest strap, put on the HRM (wrist band), click the button to start the timer, click the button to end the timer, and voila -- calories burned and time exercised!
    Couldn't be easier... unless I forget to hit the start button, lol.
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I wish santa would send me one! hehe But my santa is too broke this year!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

Keep an eye out for deals. My Reebok was $20.
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options

I have been looking at the Reebok ones but am having a hard time figuring out which one is best. I want one that will tell me how many calories I have burned while exercising. Which one do you have?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

I have been looking at the Reebok ones but am having a hard time figuring out which one is best. I want one that will tell me how many calories I have burned while exercising. Which one do you have?

Reebok Precision XT

Lots of functions that a computer engineer couldn't figure out, but as far as hitting the start/stop timer button to count calories and minutes on workout, it's a breeze to use.
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options

Reebok Precision XT

Lots of functions that a computer engineer couldn't figure out, but as far as hitting the start/stop timer button to count calories and minutes on workout, it's a breeze to use.

Thanks, the Reebok ones seem to be cheaper than the Polar ones and my husband is all about saving some extra $'s.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Just make sure it has all the features you want. I bought one and then realized it only told me HR no cals burned.

I have the Polar F6 and love it. You put on the strap, wear the wrist watch. You have to set it with age, weight, (dont forget to change it as you lose!) height.

I love that it keeps a record for a month or two.