In need of some encouragement :(

Options
Hi everyone...

So, I've been having a really terrible summer. I got home from college back a month and a half ago and found out that I gained almost 15 lbs since returning home. I went off my medication and don't have any prospects as far as jobs or employment go (I have applied to 25+ places and nothing has returned yet), and it's really hard to keep myself motivated. I feel like all I do is sit at home all day and count calories and exercise... yet, the weight still isn't coming off. It's really frustrating and sometimes I just feel like crying because I don't know what to do. I'm very low on money as well, and it doesn't help that I just had to spend $160 on a down payment for a root canal that I just got today.

Anyways, enough of me b!tching... I'm having a really, really hard time staying focused. It's so easy for me just to give up and not care, but the voice in the back of my head always tells me not to. I'd really like some encouraging words so I can keep going... I've been a constant yo-yo dieter since I was 10 years old and I think that if I don't lose the weight now, I'm never going to.

I'm sorry if I sound like I'm complaining, but I really don't have anyone else to talk to about weight loss or any other problems I'm facing. I just feel hopeless. Absolutely hopeless.

Thank you all and good luck on your own journeys. :)

Replies

• Jsliman1972
    Options
    I can not seem to get motivated either so you are not alone. It is very hard and self control is the main thing, and that I just don't have. I am a stress eater, when I am stressed I THINK food makes me feel better.

You are not alone girl!!!
  • cckeimig
    cckeimig Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    This site is a great place to find support and encouragement on the journey to change your lifestyle. Don't give up. I know things look a bit bleak right now, but you CAN do this, and most of us here on the site are here to help one another. :flowerforyou:
  • clintbritt3
    clintbritt3 Posts: 123
    Options
    I'm sorry you have to feel that way, but I do understand.... I have just completely stopped working out, I have no motivation, I don't necessarily eat horrible but it could be better... I have a great husband who loves my body but I want to feel sexy again for myself. I've pretty much spent most of my 20's unhappy with how I look... I feel hopeless too, even with encouragement I find the weight loss is still soooo hard :(
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I kinda have the idea that you are like the water pot that someone is watching while it gets hotter and hotter but doesn't get to a boil

because~~~~(hold onto your hats),,,someone is watching it!

why don't you all join us for the "BOB" Challenge?

see details on my signature, you will be GLAD you did! excellent support systems in place

& absolutely FUNFUNFUN!!! let's turn your :frown: upside down!:happy:

see you there! :flowerforyou:
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that you're hitting a rough patch. I can't see your diary, but have a look at the first post in this thread and see if it applies to you:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/196502-for-the-people-who-work-out-like-crazy-and-are-not-losing?hl=for+people+who+work+out+like+crazy

You may be surprised to find out that you can't lose weight if you're eating too little. This was the case with me for over a year (see my profile for the whole explanation), until I read that very post above, and had a lightbulb go on. Now I've upped my calories and lost 12 lbs!

blessings.
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    It sounds like we are in the same boat. I graduated in May and my lease at my apartment is up the first weekend of August. I haven't had any luck on the job front either. If I don't have a full time job or two part time jobs lined up within the next month, I'm going to have to move back to Indiana and back into my parents' house. :frown:
  • stephrawrrr
    Options
    Thanks everyone! This all really helped, especially that thread with people who work out like crazy... If any of you ever need any help, let me know, cause we're all here for each other :)