Nearing 100lbs and feeling good with pictures (I hope)

Options
newme.jpg

ok my first time to try and post a forum picture, so the link is up there ;0) if the picture is not. Its amazing when you look back at older photos and you didnt realize how big you were. I have stumbled across a few that looking back really show how big I got. I was amazed to see how big I was. But now I have my eyes opened to a few simple truths that I share with people when they see how much weight I have lost.

Truth one Know your Portions.
Truth Two Exercise can be fun and addictive
Truth three Dont deny yourself just know the cost.
truth four the little things do add up.
truth five Banana Pudding milkshakes are Fabulous going down but take a while to work off.

The secret to my weight loss is simple, Portion control and exercise. Topped off with Friends I met here that inspire and advise.

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    congratulations to you. such an accomplishment; you look fantastic :)
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, AWESOME job there! Totally agree with your two secrets for healthy weight lose.
  • TanyaDL
    TanyaDL Posts: 54
    Options
    Congrats to you and thanks for the great advice! I will definitely have to keep all of those "truths" in mind during my weight loss journey! Thanks again!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    yay! Congratulations! that must feel awesome!
  • setapart4him
    Options
    I know what you're talking about when you look back at old photos. Some people who haven't seen me for a while don't even recognize me. I don't have a weight goal necessarily, but mine is to reach a healthy BMI. Keep up the good work.
  • watermelonstarfish
    watermelonstarfish Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    you're another person!
  • LisaWrob9803
    Options
    Amazing! You look great!
  • Lollyvoddy
    Lollyvoddy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    dude! that is phenomenal! congrats :)
  • ohnuts14
    ohnuts14 Posts: 197
    Options
    i love your truths, that's pretty much the same thing i say to all of my friends trying to lose weight. minus the banana pudding haha, i've never had banana pudding! =P congratulations, that is such an amazing accomplishment and you really are an inspiration!
  • Just_Bethy
    Just_Bethy Posts: 272
    Options
    LOVE your truths!! Am sticking them to the fridge!! You look FAB!!! xxx
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work man! Congrats on your accomplishments!
  • obnurse2006
    Options
    Wow! Aweseome! you are an inspiration to me!
  • cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Options
    Amazing job. Thank you for your truths. I totally agree with the do not deny yourself.
  • luckymamagain
    Options
    Flippin' heck! Wow! You look fantastic!

And I absolutely agree with your 'truths'. It's all about portion control and moving around more. I see so many people on here agonising over the fact that they ate a cupcake or worried about how they'll cope at a buffet next week. I just think, "go and enjoy yourself, eat what you want, just don't be a pig and eat EVERYTHING!" The more you deny yourself a treat, the more likely you are to binge later. Just eat it but counteract it with eating a bit less later on and make sure you're still moving around.

You're doing fantastically well and are a good example to people. x
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    wow you look amazing.. congrats on your weight loss and thank you so much for sharing!..
  • nursenelson
    nursenelson Posts: 295
    Options
    Great work!
    You are looking great!!!
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!! Congrats!!
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Truth "exercise can be addictive", my wife just told me that I was obsessed with it. That's definitely a truth for me, a good one.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Great job! You do look great.
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    You do not have enuf comments yet!!! WWWWOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!! You look amazing and you are doing so great!! I am so inspired by you...thank you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!