Lunch at a desk job...

Options
2»

Replies

• elizabethblake
    elizabethblake Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I've got some Thai chicken and pineapple stir-fry (recipe from skinnytaste.com) which I re-heated. I tend to make a big salad or this type of meal on a Sunday and make up four boxes ready for the week.

Thank you for that website! I'm adding it to my blog list!
  • Kris0109
    Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Today's lunch: 5 tablespoons of hummus, 12 bagel chips, 15 baby carrots. 400 calories.

It is EXACTLY what my body wanted for lunch, and it was fantastic. In fact, I definitely could have cut the portion and still been satisfied.
  • BeverageTreats
    BeverageTreats Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have bags of frozen spinach and broccoli in the freezer of the fridge at work. I try to bring a protein dish of some kind to go with them, but for days I forget or don't have time, there are Morningstar things in there too.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I occasionally bring stuffed chicken breasts to work. Its fun to discover the different things to stuff them with. I usually use skim milk mozzarella, fresh asparagus and roasted red peppers, but this time I tried a richer cheese (Muenster) and it was effing delish. I usually eat it with veggies from home like broccoli or peas.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I take leftovers...my son takes leftovers to school too...I don't even care if I don't heat it up (the unspoken rule in my office is no microwaving fish)...if there aren't leftovers, I like to take salad with fake crab and cucumber and dill dressing, a piece of fruit, and some crackers...today is soup and sandwich though. Breakfast is a tortilla, with 2 eggs microwaved and half a bell pepper...I make 3 of my 5 meals at work lol
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Funny, lilRicki, we have that unspoken rule in my office too, but I don't eat meat and I am not crazy about the smell of it, so I say eff it and cook my fish anyway! Not too sure how anyone feels about it, but oh well...anyway, I usually bring leftovers from the night before. Carrots and hummus are a great snack, I always bring fruit of some sort, and if I don't have leftovers, I will do a tomato sandwich (sometimes with vegetarian deli slices) on a 100-calorie sandwich thin or soup. If I have to go out and buy, I get a Subway 6-inch veggie sub, which I don't even like, but at 240 cals, it's not so bad.
  • CheddaMcCheese
    Options
    I get very bored with my lunches at work. But SmartOnes are pretty good and they have alot of different varieties. Also fish is great. They sell single serve microwaveable Tilapia Fillets at my grocerystore and they are only $1!

Salsa and baked chips are a good snack too!
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    If I have left overs from dinner I bring that. Other wise I alternate between:

Tuna with garlic mayo and dill
    Turkey/cheese wrap or sandwhich
    Chili/soups (in the winter)

I always have fruits or veggies in addition to the above for lunch--today was tart cherries :)
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    wraps!!!! I fill them with whatever I have. chicken, tuna, deli meats, lettuce, spincach, onion, peppers, corn whatever! It's quick and easy and one is sometimes way too much.

I also bring leftovers, or a simple PB&J when I'm out of time.
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Quiche (I have a crustless recipe that's pretty good) is always a good choice hot OR cold)
    Oatmeal ( make 'real' oatmeal, portion it out and it reheats pretty well) and fruit
    Veggie Dip (greek yogurt with ranch or onion dip mix) and veggies (right now zucchini and summer squash are in season and fabulous)
    Spinach salad with dried cranberries, almonds, chicken and a light raspberry dressing