Need a lean ground beef recipe please!!

Options
Can anyone give me some ideas on what to do with about 2lbs of lean ground beef? I have brown rice and bell peppers too if that helps! =) Thanks!

Replies

• oBirdieo
    oBirdieo Posts: 148
    Options
    Maybe a HUGE pot of chili?
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    The Obvious would be hamburger patties with grilled peppers served over rice. Which is actually pretty good. Or you could make it like a dirty rice dressing.

Cook your ground beef with chopped bell pepper, add rice with required water and salt/pepper/seasoning. Stir once rice is cooked.

If those are the only ingredients you have.

If you have a can or 2 of any type of bean, red, black, pinto. You could put the meat, chopped peppers, can of beans with liquid and some cumin or taco seasoning, etc type, with some water and make a taco soup.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    use 1lb of ground beef for Spaghetti!

use the other half for Burgers!
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I made meatballs last night -- 2 lbs made about 20 balls at 82 cals a piece...I was really craving pasta!
    Last week I did a kind of salisbury steak ( differently shaped patties) and used a whole lot of fresh mushrooms, 1 cup of skim milk, and 1/2 a cup of alfredo mushroom sauce...served 6.
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I suggest 1lb for meatballs. You can freeze leftovers and use them for things like pasta sauce and even just a snack. And another LB for chili. Pile in the veggies with it. Great protein dish!
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    what about stuffed peppers? sautee the beef and rice with some onions and seasonings, use a little tomato sauce to moisten and top with reduced fat cheese!