fit flops and MBTs

Options
Hi,

has anyone tried these or any other shoes for improving muscle tone in your legs? I'm thinking of buying a pair but wanted to hear what other people thought before spending my money.

Replies

• Mrs_Hull
    Mrs_Hull Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've had the same question. I noticed recently that PayLess has the rocker-sole shoes for around $20 now, so it wouldn't be a HUGE waste to try them. I'm thinking about getting a pair for myself.

FYI: My in-laws and my mother wear them and haven't displayed any noticeable difference, though.
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I have both and i love them. I don't think they help that much with toning but they are very comfortable and keeps my back pain free even if i have to work long shifts. Fit flops in the summer months and mbt when it gets colder.
  • musicalnutta
    Options
    I have a pair of the fit flops, many pairs of the Sketchers ones and a couple of pairs of the Rebok ones and they are sooo comfortable. I have joint problems and the realy help correct the posture and ease the pain and an even bigger bonus my legs are nice and toned! Would highly recommend them.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    i have shape ups. well had , they are worn out. I notice a diffrence in the feel of my legs, and the first to weeks i had more fatigue at the end of the day. I intend to get another pair, not for that reason , have exercise for that now, but i work on hard floors on my feet all day, and they are very thick bottom and comfy
  • jinxywinx
    jinxywinx Posts: 38
    Options
    I wore these for about 6 months and started to have pain and swelling in my feet. Went to the doctor and he told me that it was tendonitis that may have been caused by wearing those shoes!!
    I've heard there are debates on whether or not these are good for you - but for me, they definitely weren't!
  • cspinney
    cspinney Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have Fit Flops and I love them because they are supportive and comfortable to wear. I can't say whether they actually tone the legs - I think you are better off actually exercising if you want to shape your legs - but as a comfortable shoe for walking, I feel they are worth it.
  • mizzie2003
    mizzie2003 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am on my 3rd pr of trainer ones and have tone up sandels. Last winter for 1st time i could buy a proer pr of long boots. I have lost an inch of my lower leg and one and a half from my thighs. I live in them when working and dog walking :smile:
  • cjnolt
    cjnolt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have SKECHERS TONE-UPS in the scandal, flip flop and fitness footwear - and love them! I do not like the Skechers Shape-up - I thought they felt alittle to rocky - especially for outdoors and walking anything other than flat surfaces.
    CROCS also have Crocs tone - I have a pair of the skylar sandals - also very comfortable!
  • YasminR
    YasminR Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I think i'll give them a try - it can't hurt. Lol!

I've signed up for a 26 mile charity walk in Oct and need to get my legs as strong as possible. I am exercising but just for general wear these should be some help.:happy: