if i eat all my calories

Options
i go over on usually fat and or carbs. I cannot seem to find the right thing to get protein calories. I have tried protein bars.. I can hardly choke them down. I do not have a blender for shakes. What do some of you do to balance this out?

Replies

• Treask40
    Options
    i go over on usually fat and or carbs. I cannot seem to find the right thing to get protein calories. I have tried protein bars.. I can hardly choke them down. I do not have a blender for shakes. What do some of you do to balance this out?
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    plan your day accordingly with appropriate foods that wont send you over.
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem... I am always over on my protein.
  • chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I tend to go over on Carbs on a regular basis...

Maybe eat more salady stuff with less carbs?
    As they said, try and plan the food more if you are keeping a close check, I just watch the calories, would go bananas if I kept track of the other nutrients as well: :ohwell: grumble:
    Still losing though :bigsmile:
  • TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    Options
    i tend to go over on my carbs almost every day, drives me nuts. thank god for exercise, lol!
  • gonzo1993
    Options
    I start my day with one cup of Special K protein plus cereal and 1/2 cup of 2% milk. That's 17grams of protein right there....
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Try almonds, eggs, chicken, tuna, cheese, peanut butter ect.....
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    lots of good places to get protein:

lean meats
    fish
    shrimp
    milk/yogurt/cheese (non-fat cottage cheese is very good with 7 grams per 1/2 cup)
    eggs (6 grams per egg and most of that is in the whites)
    nuts
    sprouts
    beans

If you're looking for supplements there are protein powders that can be mixed with smoothies, oatmeal, etc.
  • kenkraft
    kenkraft Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Chicken, chicken, chicken!!! Also go to GNC, they have some really great protein powders that even my wife likes!!! Low Carb (they have zero carb), high protein. It's a great way to cheat when you need protein. You can get a 40-60 gram blast of protein with no side effects, haha!!
  • Treask40
    Options
    Thanks everyone.. !