Feel-Good Diet "Secrets"

Options
VeganGal84
VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
I recently realized that I feel my best on the days that I eat a serving or two of whole gains at every meal.

What are some of your feel-good diet "secrets"?

Replies

• hsk11270
    hsk11270 Posts: 48
    Options
    natural peanut butter in my oatmeal with a packet of stevia......mmmm ...mmm
    This keeps me full and happy all the way to lunch and I seem to make better choices all day when I start with my oatmeal, PB, and maybe some berries
  • lolathompson
    lolathompson Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Maple Syrup Oatmeal with Peppermint Tea. Yum!
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Hummus. I mix it with avacado to make guacamole. I use it instead of mayo on sandwiches. I eat it plain as a dip.
  • annameeks00
    Options
    I always feel better when i have eggs for breakfast. Which I do almost everyday, but always helps me feel full all morning!
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I always feel better when i have eggs for breakfast. Which I do almost everyday, but always helps me feel full all morning!

Me too, definitely!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Same here with eggs for breakfast! Actually, pretty much anything with protein as I was also quite satisfied when I was eating Kashi's hearty oatmeal this past winter. Seems like I stay fuller longer and tend not to get those cravings through the afternoon.
  • 4KidFather
    4KidFather Posts: 134
    Options
    Eggs for breakfast for sure! Heck, my whole clan does better with that, it's not just me. Usually avoid cereal grains due to gut inflammation/ allergy symptoms.

Me too, definitely!
  • LM_710
    LM_710 Posts: 8
    Options
    I always feel best when I have either eggs or oatmeal w/ a banana and cinnamon for breakfast. Someone else mentioned hummus and I have to second it. I love grabbing a baggie of mixed veggies and dipping them in hummus as my afternoon snack. Lastly, I feel great when I drink plenty of water and stay away from alcohol, but I do still have a drink with friends every now and then.
    2112540 Posts: 71
    Options
    Kashi golean w/ almond milk for breakfast my favorite thing in the world!
  • gigiblues
    gigiblues Posts: 8
    Options
    Yeah i notice that eating oatmeal for breakfast is the best thing ever. When i was on a low carb diet and i was only eating protein for breakfast, i felt like crap. But Oatmeal with honey and cinnamon for breakfast, literally makes my day