4 weeks in and I'm NOT GIVING UP!! NO WAY. NEVER.

Options
Today is weigh in day for me and the scale did not move this week. I am disappointed. To say I'm not would be a lie. However, I know its working for many different reasons including looser clothes, better skin, more energy, and on and on. I have yo-yo'd my weight since I was 8 years old so I know I have done some serious damage to my metabolism and it will take much dilligent work to repair the damage I've done. I appreciate all of the positive support and helpful information I get here on MFP. Thanks to all of you for being with me so far. It has been 4 weeks as of today. MUCH LOVE TO ALL MY MFPeeps!!!

Replies

• melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    Congratulations on your 4 weeks! I had a similar problem with my weight - I was busting my butt and not losing much, so I took a look at my diary and found that I was consuming 2x as much sodium as I should be. So I cut the salt and dropped water weight that I had been holding on to.

Maybe you should do some adjusting? Good luck on your journey!
  • avalonfloyd
    Options
    Sounds like you've got the right attitude. When I first started trying to lose weight, I got really disheartened when a week would go by and I hadn't lost anything. I've now been using MFP for almost 10 months and have lost 30+ pounds! I think the website really helped, both with being able to see everything I eat in a day and to keep track of my exercise, but also from the support of other users.

When you are feeling like you didn't lose enough (or any) and you just want to binge on cookies, you have to try and stop yourself and say tomorrow is another day, and maybe you are retaining water, and maybe next time you'll lose a lot. Eat 1 cookie instead of 10 and move on. That's what I try and do (sometimes I fail and eat a lot, but I always tell myself tomorrow is another day!).

I think you are right to look for other changes as well. I didn't measure myself at first but when I started to I noticed that I would lose inches even if I hadn't lost that much weight that month, which was very encouraging, since I really just want to look better in my clothes, I don't have an ultimate weight loss goal or anything. I'm going to keep going until I can look in the mirror and really like what I see.

Just keep going and looking to MFP for help, because everyone here is going through the same thing as you!
  • ausiewombat8
    Options
    Wow great attitude. Its the only way to take things, one day at a time and keep going no matter what! We may not see the changes right away but every thing I do to be healthier I know I feel it even if the scale doesn't acknowledge it. Good on you keep it up. =^_^=
  • jenny_fur
    jenny_fur Posts: 73
    Options
    I'm right behind you! (25ish days) and have been stuck at 7lb loss for 10 days... BUT I KNOW that It will happen... I KNOW it! You are an inspiration to me! We are both working hard, and eating right... It will come and when it does, it will be the right way! This feels different to me than any time before... We will make it!!
    Im there for ya girl!
    KEEP UP the Great work!
    XOX
    Jen
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Have you tried zig-zagging your diet to get your metabolism back to norm?

http://drsquat.com/content/knowledge-base/zigzag-diet

For example, I eat five-six times a day. Every other day, I switch between eating 1200 calories and 1800 calories. I've been doing this for about hour weeks. My results, while small, include a higher metabolism, more energy, and a five pound loss in three weeks. I drink nearly 10 glasses of water a day as well, so it keeps my sodium and dehydrating at bay :)
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Hey, I was at this for six weeks before I saw any weight loss - so maybe you just need to be at it for a little longer. Just keep at it, it WILL pay off!!! :bigsmile:
  • Seanb_us
    Seanb_us Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Great attitude. :) Hang in there!
  • Txnurse97
    Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Definitely a great attitude! Try also taking your measurements (if you haven't already)....that can help later on when the scale doesn't move but you lose inches!