Need some advice or critique on Swim wear.

Options
Okay MFPs,
I've finally dropped the weight I wanted to. Now for a few months I've been hammering away at my muffin top. It's hard since I've had a kid WHICH btw was 7 yrs. ago. My muffin top is going to be there no matter what! And ya know what I'm pleased with the rest of my body except for that little Buddha belly hanging over declaring invasion over my wonderful abs. I know one day I will have another little one so I will just think of it as a well made nest for that little guy or girl.
Meanwhile though I wanna let lose and let go of my self conscious and self awareness. I want to enjoy my new found body again before its too late. I mean heck big people show up wearing nothing to the beach & how do they do it?
Would you be totally grossed out by a flat stretched marked belly or rolls of fat? You guys tell me! I'm going swim wear shopping and I don't care I'm gonna finally wear a bikini. I wish I had a good pic to show you.

Replies

• MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks and I haven't had a munchkin. I'm not grossed out, I'd think you had confidence :)
  • StefD78
    StefD78 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    if you've worked hard and YOU love your body,who cares what anyone thinks! Rock it,sister!!!!
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    We are our own hardest critics.
    I looked at your pictures and you aren't half as bad as most of the people on the beach. Don't fret how you look: you've worked hard to be where you are. If I were on a beach, I'd notice your defined leg muscles more than these love handles and belly rolls that you speak of. And your pretty face!
    Now, if you went and bought a bikini thong and tiny triangled-bikini top, that's a different story. No one short of a fitness model can pass in public wearing those things (and even then... not off of the stage). Keepin' it tasteful is your friend.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I say DO IT! I never felt comfortable in a bikini in front of anyone until I was preggo- then I was like "I'm supposed to be morbidly huge so wTF-ever!"
    But once I wore a bikini, there was no going back. So even when I was "obese" i wore a bikini to the beach...me and my rolls and stretch marks and what not...and...surprisingly, I actually got lots of positive attention. I don't know how much of it was "look at that babe" as much as people are drawn to confidence and I really didn't care if I looked like a beached whale or not...I wanted that vitamin D!

So go for it!

And, no, I wouldn't be repulsed by anyone's body in a bikini on the beach!! And anyways, those stretch marks are our battle scars of motherhood...wear 'em with pride!
  • riannenrings
    riannenrings Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    girl your gorgeous. thats what people are gonna notice. swear.
  • karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    Options
    ive got the mommy belly also and i feels theres always gonna be a lil something around the middle. even with my upper ab areas being cut, my lower abs are just a blob of baby left overs.. i myself wear those monokini bathing suits which i think are still pretty sexy..

i do agree some people who up to the beach and i wonder how they got the courage to even leave the house like that, but more power to them i guess! i couldnt ever do it
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    Options
    um yeah...i just looked at your pics. You're CRAZY! You don't have muffin top!!!!!!
    You are so buff!

Yeah. totally wear the bikini. Your man will have to fight the other dudes off with a stick!

ps. nice chest tat!
  • AndreaWyland
    AndreaWyland Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am very close to my goal weight, about 10 pds to go. I too have had children and I too have a belly. Its not THAT bad... but its a little loose skin, stretch marked up, little bit of fat that wants to stay put... I wear a bikini and feel great in it, for the first time ever, even before my babies I was self conscious. The thing is all bodies come in different shapes and sizes and everyone no matter who they are has things about their body when in a bathing suit they feel self conscious about. I try to keep that in mind. Even the hottest person at the beach if you knew them would have a gripe about SOMETHING:) I look at my body and say, wow, look at what youve accomplished, losing the weight, running half marathons, growing and giving birth to two people?!!! You get to be alive and walk around on this beach and enjoy the sun and water and your friends and family? Enjoy it! I try to build myself up with positive self talk instead of compare and put myself down, it works better for me:) No, the answer to your question, I dont think its gross, I think bodies are beautiful and I say GREAT JOB at losing your weight and all you have accomplished and you ROCK that bikini:) =my two cents:)
  • riannenrings
    riannenrings Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    she totally is crazy. also by the way, even when i see someone less fit than me in a bathing suit, i am STILL jealous of them because they had the balls to do it and just have fun!!!!! that makes any body issue a non issue ! straight up!
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I had two 9-lb boys, and I've got stretch marks and mommy sag. Just ROCK IT. You're young, you worked hard for it, just do it.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    Options
    Yeah...as a surfer girl I just can't care what people think about how I look in a bikini. I got waves to catch!
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks from pregnancy as well but I lost the weight and now I sport the bikini! Here's a different perspective.....think of your stretch marks kind of like you think of your tattoos. They are you "stripes of honor"...wear them proudly because they represent what your body is capable of....GROWING A HUMAN!!! That's way more impressive than working out and looking good in a bikini in my opinion lol! Rock that bikini Mama!!!
  • BeGreat25
    BeGreat25 Posts: 78
    Options
    Guys thank you!!! Dragonbug300 almost made me cry. In a good way though. You know, yall are right, we all know how far we've come. I unfortunately don't have many pics of me from all my transformations from 135 lbs. last March til now my goal weight 105. You know what after all your replies I do feel better now after you guys pointed several thing s with and shared your thoughts & experiences. I'm gonna read this before I head out in that swim suit & think of what you guys said. Thank you all so much I'm forever grateful.