Not really new, but looking for more support!

KatherineVictoria
KatherineVictoria Posts: 68
edited 10:25AM in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone! I'm not exactly new to MFP. I've been a member since January and have been on and off every since. I really, really want to stick with it this time and I'm having a wonderful time finding new exercises and activities I can do to spice up my workouts! I LOVE TO RUN :) running races is one of my favorite things to do, even if I am only winning on a personal level. More recently I have become a much more active hiker since there are so many trails in my backyard!

Overall I'm really hoping to gain a better self esteem and gain more confidence in myself. That, I must say, is probably one of my biggest downfalls. I want to stop constantly second guessing myself and be comfortable with who I am.

I love the friends I do have, but I'm looking for more who are in need of support and willing to give some at the same time! I'm hoping we can all really help each other!

Replies

• plumpncurvy
    plumpncurvy Posts: 68 Member
    you can add me...I have been on and off for a couple months myself....I also need friends and support! I think I am more likely to stick with it if I do! I love to hike...and eventually I will be running!
  • AmandaJPK
    AmandaJPK Posts: 26
    Feel free to add me. I was on so much and now I've slacked off. I need additional support too!
  • pmorgan813
    pmorgan813 Posts: 135 Member
    Feel free to add me - we all need all the support we can get!
  • rainbowbuggy
    rainbowbuggy Posts: 320
    Feel free to add me too :-)
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Feel free to add me too! I couldn't run if my life depended on it but I love to walk and feel much better emotionally and physically since I got back into it.

Do you do charity runs or walks?
  • reammi
    reammi Posts: 70
    Feel free to add me as well. I've been an avid walker for the last 2 1/2 years and just started running 3 times a week about 6 weeks ago. Astonishingly I can run 4 miles. I'm not going to win any races but like you the rewards are all personal. I'm fairly new to MFP (joined in May) but I log on every day so I'll be around to support you.
  • I have done the Pittsburgh Great Race and the Pittsburgh Half Marathon. I'm looking into doing some smaller races and walks for charities as well :)
  • dru_howard
    dru_howard Posts: 47
    I'm needed some more motivation too - request coming your way. Here's to a new journey!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Hi there!
    feel free to add me as well :)
    I log on to MFP everyday....so I'd be around
    I am currently doing walk/run intervals & hoping to be running all the time soon :happy:
    I love it!!

Are you from Pittsburgh? Pa??
  • Not exactly from Pittsburgh but just north! :)
This discussion has been closed.