Reliable site for Exercise Calories Burned?

Options
Hey!

Does anyone know of a good site to check to find out how many calories you burn doing a certain activity? I'm particularly interested to find out how many I burn doing a Ravi and Ana Kundalini Yoga DVD. I can't find info on the calories burned anywhere!

Thanks!
Tracy

Replies

• May92009Bride
    Options
    Hey!

Does anyone know of a good site to check to find out how many calories you burn doing a certain activity? I'm particularly interested to find out how many I burn doing a Ravi and Ana Kundalini Yoga DVD. I can't find info on the calories burned anywhere!

Thanks!
    Tracy
  • SuzieQT
    SuzieQT Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I don't know of a site for calories burned doing a specific exercise DVD. I would highly recommend investing in a heart rate monitor (HRM). You can search through the posts and see what some of our fellow MFPers have to say about them and which ones they recommend. They can get a little pricy, but if you're on a budget, you can get them from Wal-mart as well. I got mine from Wal-mart and its a continuous read with a chest strap and it was only $45. They have ones as low as $30 though, but they're usually not continuous read. They'll still give you a better idea of how many calories you're burning since they hold your personal stats and base the number of calories burned on your heart rate. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Gator4RTR
    Gator4RTR Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I invested in a HRM
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    For the record, I've used my HRM during their "hip opening" video. . .

and the calorie burn is not large. (comparable to about 50 calories an hour, after I deducted my BMR)

Yoga is for the other benefits, it's not a calorie torcher.:flowerforyou: