Plateauing.

Options
2»

Replies

• tmtrack
    tmtrack Posts: 23
    Options
    I recently had a plauteu for 6 weeks!!!!! I back off the the carido a bit and strength training for about a week. I did gain some weight! But when I started up again this week, full force and more I have lost the weight I gained and more! I also started drinking more water! I noticed that I had decreased in water consumption that 6 weeks! So I hope this helps! I don't know if this will work for you. But it did for me, and since last monday have lost 9lbs!!!!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I was stuck for 2 months bouncing between 158-161 (below 160 pounds I fall into the "normal" BMI range). I increased my calories from 1200 to 1700 and the weight started coming off again, but ever so slowly. It sounds like you aren't eating anywhere near enough. I am guessing you aren't logging your calorie burn at all in MFP if it is only giving you 1400 calories to eat, which you should log. You should likely be taking in significantly more calories.
  • rainbowbuggy
    rainbowbuggy Posts: 320
    Options
    I do the same thing...lose the same 3 lbs over and over. Gonna change things up a bit and see if that helps. Good luck to you as you have made wonderful strides! :-)
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    This is interesting.

http://www.myhealthnewsdaily.com/seven-diet-tricks-for-weight-loss-1078/1

By "cycling" your calorie intake throughout the week, you can expedite weight loss by tricking the body’s own fat-preservation methods, said Brad Schoenfeld, a fitness trainer in Scarsdale, N.Y., and author of "Women's Home Workout Bible" (Human Kinetics, 2010).

For example, if your target calorie intake is 1,500 calories a day, you would eat 1,200 calories on Monday, 1,500 on Tuesday, and 1,800 on Wednesday, and then repeat.

"This helps to override the body's natural starvation mechanism, tricking it into greater fat loss," Schoenfeld said.
  • XBabigrl72
    XBabigrl72 Posts: 88
    Options
    Have you tried letting yourself have a "cheat" day. Being taking it easy on the workout and just doing a walk or something, and eating a little more than you usually would. I think one of the main things with you if fear that if you let go once you're gonna go all out. But you're doing really good. A day or two isn't going to hurt. After go right back to your hard core workouts but try to eat about the same. Shoot for eating at least half of what you burn. Start small and work your way up.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I have also heard that eating more will get you off a plateau. That is to say still eat healthy food and don't do it more the one or two days. In theory your body will jumpstart back into losing weight. Indvidual results may very.
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    This is interesting.

http://www.myhealthnewsdaily.com/seven-diet-tricks-for-weight-loss-1078/1

By "cycling" your calorie intake throughout the week, you can expedite weight loss by tricking the body’s own fat-preservation methods, said Brad Schoenfeld, a fitness trainer in Scarsdale, N.Y., and author of "Women's Home Workout Bible" (Human Kinetics, 2010).

For example, if your target calorie intake is 1,500 calories a day, you would eat 1,200 calories on Monday, 1,500 on Tuesday, and 1,800 on Wednesday, and then repeat.

"This helps to override the body's natural starvation mechanism, tricking it into greater fat loss," Schoenfeld said.

I do zig zag. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    I was stuck for 2 months bouncing between 158-161 (below 160 pounds I fall into the "normal" BMI range). I increased my calories from 1200 to 1700 and the weight started coming off again, but ever so slowly. It sounds like you aren't eating anywhere near enough. I am guessing you aren't logging your calorie burn at all in MFP if it is only giving you 1400 calories to eat, which you should log. You should likely be taking in significantly more calories.

I do log :) If I set it at what MFP suggests my daily would be 1600 BEFORE I log exercise. I should have clarified, I guess. But according to other things I have read, what MFP suggests BEFORE exercise is still too low for me. Time to bump up the calories and ACTUALLY eat them.