~There is food everywhere~

Options
I hate Fridays at work... too much food. I'm so tempted... I changed my food log 3 times today.

Do you log before you eat or eat then log?

Replies

• GaoLee
    GaoLee Posts: 65
    Options
    I hate Fridays at work... too much food. I'm so tempted... I changed my food log 3 times today.

Do you log before you eat or eat then log?
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I usually log my food before I eat in the morning and then it usually gives me a good idea of what I can have for lunch, which I usually pack the night before. I always have a couple of options for me for lunch and I am having the hardest time with dinners right now. It seems that I usually have roughly 350 to 600 calories left for dinner. It is hard when you have picky kids and a husband that doesn't really help out in the planning of dinners.

I do find it easier to log before I eat. My job is like that with a lot of food and candy around. I usually try to stay away from all of it. So far so good. If you want something sweet try chewing gum like extra fruit sensations, they are only 5 calories and good flavors.

Have a great day. :flowerforyou:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast then log it and what ever I have planned to eat the rest of the day. The I tweek it as I go along.
  • kenkraft
    kenkraft Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Try to log first, or at least log at the same time. If you can do that you'll be able to see your totals BEFORE you have just a tiny bite of that cheesecake!!! PLUS, on the positive side, you'll be able to see the good foods that are healthy for you when you eat them. It will reinforce what you're eating.
  • Kylie30
    Kylie30 Posts: 16
    Options
    Eat then log. If you log first you may be disapointed when going back to log what you actually ate. Maybe Fridays can be your cheat days! :smooched:
  • GaoLee
    GaoLee Posts: 65
    Options
    I tried to log first thing in the morning as I pack my lunch but when I get to work things change and I find myself eating other things. I try to keep small portion and pick healthy ones. So now I have to delete and log again.

If I wait til I'm done eating then yes... I may eat more than what I'm allowed. Hopefully I'll find what works best.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    All great advice, but you have to go with what works for you.

Some of us log first because when we do, we trust ourselves to follow it strictly, and it acts as an insurance policy/guide through the day, which keeps us on track.

Some of us log as we go, or after, because we know our portions, what is good/bad for us, and we trust ourselves not to go nuts and blow it.

It all depends on what works. And remember, anything that works today, may change tomorrow.
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Eat then log. If you log first you may be disapointed when going back to log what you actually ate. Maybe Fridays can be your cheat days! :smooched:

Actually, I always log first and am never disappointed because I stick with what I logged. I leave a little wiggle room for something I may find or want to eat.