Diet Supplements

Options
Does anyone know if any of these work since ephedra was banned? Like Zantrex 3.... I really have no desire to use them because I remember trying one and never got to sleep that night but I am curious if anyone uses them or has sucess with them?

Replies

• Vipecap
    Vipecap Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Fat burners and the like will work still but they are not magic pills that make you lose 5lbs a week or anything. Basically the biggest boost you are getting is from the caffeine in them which will give you more energy for the gym. Basically you need to decide if they extra .1-.2lbs you might lose from them is worth the $20+ you will pay.
  • dxing
    dxing Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    The average joe shouldn't have to use a fat burner to do the job, clean eating and exercise will do wonders. Fat burners are effective in some circumstances (fat loss plateau or a time period prior to a bodybuilding show), but again, really not worth the price. In most cases, if you're following a fat loss regime, the fat burner probably won't have anything but a placebo effect. Anyways, most conventional fat burners target water weight, which is why so many of them promote "rapid fat loss". You'll lose 10 lbs in two weeks (of water weight), and then the results will rapidly diminish. Anyone who's ever successfully cut bodyfat knows that rapid fat loss isn't desirable anyways, so don't get hyped about supplementation and save your bucks.
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    Basically you need to decide if they extra .1-.2lbs you might lose from them is worth the $20+ you will pay.

TRUE!!!!

I tried OxyElite Pro for 40 days and it just gave me a boost in the morning - nothing that my normal cup of coffee wouldn't do naturally, as opposed to chemically.
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    i know few people that takes prescription phentermine (or something like that)...They have lost alot of weight. It siuppresses their appetite...
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I would strongly recommend that you do not take diet supplements. There is equilibrium in everything. If you speed up your metabolism by taking them as soon as you stop taking them your metabolism will take a nosedive and it will be that much more difficult for you to lose weight.