What Percentage of cals is YOUR Breakfast?

Options
I'm just curious as to how everyone is eating their breakfast cals....

Roughly what percentage is your cals being allotted for breakfast? (Breakfast cals divided by your consumed cals)?

Mine is looking like close to 27% of my day's worth of cals. I averaged the last 7 days.

You know the saying, eat like a king for breakfast...

Check this quick read article for some info...
http://www.dailymuscle.com/2007/06/05/everyday-weight-loss-tip-6-eat-breakfast-like-a-king/

Curious to see the responses!

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Usually 27.5%, but that's mainly because I have two huge lattes every morning which involve about 20oz of skim milk. ;)
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Mine usually is between 27 and 32%. I used to never eat breakfast, but now it's always my biggest meal of the day. Definitely works for me.
  • mxmandani
    mxmandani Posts: 109
    Options
    Probably around 31-32 % for me. I wanna get that to about 35% and spread the rest over snacks and other meals :D
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is usually somewhere around 200 calories. I know they say its the most important meal, but its just not my favorite meal. I eat most of my calories at dinner, which again I know "they say" is not best, but it works for me and I have had no weight loss issues. I say everyone needs to figure out what works for them.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Mine's about 15-20%.. assuming I calculated that correctly. Lunch tends to be my biggest meal.
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Im allowed 1700 cals a day and 250 is my brekkie ( no idea of %)
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    About 17% on a regular basis.
    While I was there, I checked my snacks and I am HORRIFIED by the fact that my snacks are higher than that. Time for a change!!
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I guess that would make it somewhere around 15-20%
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Mine is usually about 1/4 of my cals.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is usually somewhere around 200 calories. I know they say its the most important meal, but its just not my favorite meal. I eat most of my calories at dinner, which again I know "they say" is not best, but it works for me and I have had no weight loss issues. I say everyone needs to figure out what works for them.

same here...i usually eat anywhere from 160-200 for breakfast bc I like to eat more in the evenings. It hasn't affected my weight loss.
  • olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    around 30%
  • supershala
    supershala Posts: 30
    Options

Couldn't have put it better myself :)
  • sesecat
    sesecat Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    20%. Right now I try to stick to 300 breakfast, 400 lunch, and 500 dinner, and I say "try". Difficult to do when my husband does the cooking. :-)
  • jonikeffer
    jonikeffer Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm allowed 1200 cals (before exercise, which I eat back, so really more like 1600 cals) and breakfast is usually 350-400. I count my coffee (creamer), oatmeal, sweetener for the oatmeal, and usually either eggs or turkey sausage all as breakfast, even though I'm eating it all morning long.
  • bexdc
    bexdc Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is around 33% of my daily calories.
  • heathernadam
    heathernadam Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Me too! I would much rather have a snack later in the day! I usually have a cup of coffee with cream and a 100 calorie bar!
  • Seginns
    Seginns Posts: 39
    Options
    Around 22%. I try to eat four meals/snacks of approximately equal caloric value, around 250-350 calories each, and eat the remaining calories as afternoon and evening snacks.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options

I'm the same way - my breakfast isn't my largest meal of the day. My dinner is the largest. I've lost 60lbs, so it's working for me! :)
  • mickie_on_my_way
    mickie_on_my_way Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    With some experimenting, I have found I do best when mine is around 20% of my calories.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    22%!